By Kimberly Chun
I recommend taking some cult-cha with your cold cereal -- it’ll make the pre-Thanksgiving/Black Friday mania go down easier. More fun stuff than we could fit into print.
Ty Segall and Culture Kids
The raging Goldie ‘09 winner lets it fly with the buskable, combustible Bay Area noise makers. With the Baths. Sat/14, 9 p.m., $7. Amnesia, 853 Valencia, SF. (415) 970-0012.
The Oakland combo likes its tempos convulsive and screams pitched a few notches above the deep, dark pit of post-punk hell. With Rats Eyes and La Guardia. Sat/14, 9:30 p.m., $6. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
The Husker Du man has Hot Wax well in hand. With Blank Stares and Off Campus. Sun/15, 8 p.m., $8. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Terry Riley’s In C
A 20-piece ensemble that shall remain nameless, for now, sinks its teeth into the influential minimalist composition. With the Lickets, Julianna Barwick, DJ Stereo Steve and the World of Living Sound. Mon/16, 8 p.m., $10. Cafe du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
Lyrical smarts meet an indie sensibility -- and the **Onomatopoeia** keeps on flowing. With Kinetix. Tues/17, 8 p.m., $15. Slim’s, 333 11th St., SF. (415) 522-0333.
The Brooklyn noise women venture out, having recently toured with Marnie Stern. Talk is their Secret Cog EP recently came out on vinyl. With Wet Hair. Tues/17, 9 p.m., $7. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014