By Kimberly Chun
I recommend taking some cult-cha with your cold cereal -- it’ll make the pre-Thanksgiving/Black Friday mania go down easier. More fun stuff than we could fit into print.
Ty Segall and Culture Kids
The raging Goldie ‘09 winner lets it fly with the buskable, combustible Bay Area noise makers. With the Baths. Sat/14, 9 p.m., $7. Amnesia, 853 Valencia, SF. (415) 970-0012.
The Oakland combo likes its tempos convulsive and screams pitched a few notches above the deep, dark pit of post-punk hell. With Rats Eyes and La Guardia. Sat/14, 9:30 p.m., $6. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
The Husker Du man has Hot Wax well in hand. With Blank Stares and Off Campus. Sun/15, 8 p.m., $8. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Terry Riley’s In C
A 20-piece ensemble that shall remain nameless, for now, sinks its teeth into the influential minimalist composition. With the Lickets, Julianna Barwick, DJ Stereo Steve and the World of Living Sound. Mon/16, 8 p.m., $10. Cafe du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
Lyrical smarts meet an indie sensibility -- and the **Onomatopoeia** keeps on flowing. With Kinetix. Tues/17, 8 p.m., $15. Slim’s, 333 11th St., SF. (415) 522-0333.
The Brooklyn noise women venture out, having recently toured with Marnie Stern. Talk is their Secret Cog EP recently came out on vinyl. With Wet Hair. Tues/17, 9 p.m., $7. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Most Commented On
- Stop puffing the ganja and - April 15, 2014
- Subsidized bus riders - April 15, 2014
- The name is Benito - April 15, 2014
- how i got my soulmate back - April 15, 2014
- I HATE DAVID CAMPOS!!!!!!!!!! - April 15, 2014
- baba maliga is a real spell caster - April 15, 2014
- Oh Jeez, shut it down already... - April 15, 2014
- Sharon S. Everardo G . & company killed CCSF w/ protest - April 15, 2014
- Fight to build more - April 15, 2014
- Great job Chiu - April 15, 2014