By Kimberly Chun
I recommend taking some cult-cha with your cold cereal -- it’ll make the pre-Thanksgiving/Black Friday mania go down easier. More fun stuff than we could fit into print.
Ty Segall and Culture Kids
The raging Goldie ‘09 winner lets it fly with the buskable, combustible Bay Area noise makers. With the Baths. Sat/14, 9 p.m., $7. Amnesia, 853 Valencia, SF. (415) 970-0012.
The Oakland combo likes its tempos convulsive and screams pitched a few notches above the deep, dark pit of post-punk hell. With Rats Eyes and La Guardia. Sat/14, 9:30 p.m., $6. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
The Husker Du man has Hot Wax well in hand. With Blank Stares and Off Campus. Sun/15, 8 p.m., $8. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Terry Riley’s In C
A 20-piece ensemble that shall remain nameless, for now, sinks its teeth into the influential minimalist composition. With the Lickets, Julianna Barwick, DJ Stereo Steve and the World of Living Sound. Mon/16, 8 p.m., $10. Cafe du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
Lyrical smarts meet an indie sensibility -- and the **Onomatopoeia** keeps on flowing. With Kinetix. Tues/17, 8 p.m., $15. Slim’s, 333 11th St., SF. (415) 522-0333.
The Brooklyn noise women venture out, having recently toured with Marnie Stern. Talk is their Secret Cog EP recently came out on vinyl. With Wet Hair. Tues/17, 9 p.m., $7. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Most Commented On
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014
- Uber never said they were - March 10, 2014
- You lose. - March 10, 2014
- Progressives have historically been opposed to monopolies. - March 10, 2014
- i will never stop thanking Dr aluda for what he has done for me - March 10, 2014
- People don't seem to - March 10, 2014
- They're not breaking the law - March 10, 2014