By Kimberly Chun
Rick Springfield and Sister Christian should be forever indebted to Boogie Nights for being draped so unforgettably in that terribly tense deal-gone-drastically-wrong scene. Too bad Kiss never got the proper Ramones/Rock and Roll High School treatment with **Detroit Rock City** -- but hey, they’ve got reality TV. More shows than we could fit into print.
High on life like Los Campesinos and a mite folkier. Sun/22, 2 p.m., free, Amoeba Music, 1855 Haight, SF. (415) 831-1200. Also with Freelance Whales and Mumlers. Sun/22, 8 p.m., $10-$13. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. (415) 861-2011.
They’re gonna rock ‘n’ roll all night -- 35 five years along on their first major tour since ‘04. With Buckcherry. Sun/22, 7:30 p.m., $17.50-$125. Oracle Arena, 7000 Coliseum, Oakl. (415) 421-8497.
Imagine Turkish psych fluffed and loudened up, under the influence of dewy DIY Olympia. Sun/22, 9 p.m., $6. With Karl Blau and Half-Handed Cloud. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
The Aussie hard rockers lay that **Cosmic Egg** (Modular) on you. With Heartless Bastard and Thenewno2. Mon/23, 7:30 p.m., $29.50. Fox Theater, 1807 Telegraph, Oakl. (415) 421-8497.
Most Commented On
- You nailed it. - April 16, 2014
- You nailed it. Faculty gets - April 16, 2014
- This is the agency Tim Redmond wants to charge with purchasing - April 16, 2014
- Campos will push for vacancy control if he gets in the Assembly - April 16, 2014
- Guess the potholes in the - April 16, 2014
- Wait a sec. I know texting - April 16, 2014
- CA taxes capital gains as if it were income - April 16, 2014
- Federal criminal indictment of PG&E doesn't go far enough - April 16, 2014
- Lots of private companies would meet the transit demand - April 16, 2014
- I always vote no on every revenue Prop anyway. - April 16, 2014