By Kimberly Chun
Rick Springfield and Sister Christian should be forever indebted to Boogie Nights for being draped so unforgettably in that terribly tense deal-gone-drastically-wrong scene. Too bad Kiss never got the proper Ramones/Rock and Roll High School treatment with **Detroit Rock City** -- but hey, they’ve got reality TV. More shows than we could fit into print.
High on life like Los Campesinos and a mite folkier. Sun/22, 2 p.m., free, Amoeba Music, 1855 Haight, SF. (415) 831-1200. Also with Freelance Whales and Mumlers. Sun/22, 8 p.m., $10-$13. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. (415) 861-2011.
They’re gonna rock ‘n’ roll all night -- 35 five years along on their first major tour since ‘04. With Buckcherry. Sun/22, 7:30 p.m., $17.50-$125. Oracle Arena, 7000 Coliseum, Oakl. (415) 421-8497.
Imagine Turkish psych fluffed and loudened up, under the influence of dewy DIY Olympia. Sun/22, 9 p.m., $6. With Karl Blau and Half-Handed Cloud. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
The Aussie hard rockers lay that **Cosmic Egg** (Modular) on you. With Heartless Bastard and Thenewno2. Mon/23, 7:30 p.m., $29.50. Fox Theater, 1807 Telegraph, Oakl. (415) 421-8497.
Most Commented On
- Remember what started this - July 27, 2014
- Go back to your mother's basement, troll - July 27, 2014
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014
- mvajoCbAui - July 27, 2014