Why succumb to the post-turkey day l-tryptophan lethargy? There’s music to see and hear when you’re not deleting your funds at the sales. (Anyone else notice that odd, oft-aired Sears commercial -- an attractive black couple ask a salesperson about Black Friday and proceed to kinda-sorta flirt with him?)
Toots and the Maytals
The well-sampled combo had a recent brush with Amy Winehouse backing-band greatness. Fri/27, 9 p.m., $26. Fillmore, 1805 Geary, SF. (415) 346-6000.
Does thrashsome, so-called groove metal get any more poppy yet menacing? With Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, Chimaira, Unearth, Whitechapel, Born Of Osiris, Hate Eternal, and Dirge Within Fri/27, 3 p.m., $26-$30. Warfield, 982 Market, SF. (415) 421-8497.
Time to familiarize the out-of-townies with the winsome sounds of the longtime SF indie-rockers. With Cons and Lindy Lafontainte. Sat/28, 9 p.m., $10-$12. Red Devil Lounge, 1695 Polk, SF. (415) 921-1695.
The East Bay indie-poppers reel ‘em in. With Jakes, Federalists, and Scene of Action. Sat/28, 9 p.m., $10. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. (415) 861-2011.
White Pee and Al Qaeda
Ex-Society of Rockets player Benjamin Tinker takes his band White Pee off-leash, alongside the peddle-happy Al Qaeda. With Moccretro. Sun/29, 9 p.m., 4. Stud, 399 Ninth St., SF. (415) 863-6623.
Vic Chestnutt Band
The disabled songwriting legend from Athens assembles the band -- including Fugazi’s Guy Picciotto and members of Thee Silver Mt. Zion and godspeed you! black emperor -- that appeared on his latest, Deserter. With Warpaint and Liz Durrett. Mon/30, 8 p.m., $16-$18. Great American Music Hall, 859 O’Farrell, SF. (415) 885-0750.
The Toronto group understands the honeyed hooks that result when garage rock meets shoegaze. With Weekend. Tues/1, 9 p.m., $6. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Most Commented On
- I am going to humor you and - May 23, 2013
- What is deeply flawed and - May 23, 2013
- Self-serving? Dude, we're - May 23, 2013
- We need to allow landlord to cross reference that list - May 23, 2013
- I moved into that unit in - May 23, 2013
- Thanks, Anon. - May 23, 2013
- What AirBnB should do is, for a fee, reveal to the city who - May 23, 2013
- Can you elaborate on this - May 23, 2013
- Intermediaries aren't always liable for the tax obligations of - May 23, 2013
- Every nation has had some terror at some time. - May 23, 2013