Whoa, get ready for the El Nino rains -- time to duck inside for some quality sounds.
The Black Crowes
If you step into the Four Seasons you might get a glimpse of the free birds, in town for a series of shows. Sat/5, 9 p.m., and Sun/6, 8 p.m., call for prices. Fillmore, 1805 Geary, SF. (415) 421-8497.
The Black Hollies
Give the psych combo its medication. With the Shys and Hot Lunch. Sat/5, 10 p.m., $10. Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th St., SF. (415) 621-4455.
Yep, we’ve been waiting forever for the next LP: **All My Friends Are Funeral Singers** (Dead Oceans) finds the band waxing multimedia, performing the soundtrack to the movie of the same name. Mon/7, 8 p.m., $16. Great American Music Hall, 859 O’Farrell, S.F. $20-$22. (415) 885-0750.
The onetime SF-based comedian gives us the munchies. With Chris Thayer and Psychedelic Dave. Tues/8, 9 p.m., $8. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
A beautiful loser in Leonard Cohen rather than Bob Dylan mold? With Mist and Mast. Tues/8, 9:30 p.m., $10. Cafe du Nord, 170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
Most Commented On
- whistleblowers - July 28, 2014
- Not a failure, but definitely - July 28, 2014
- Agree, there are too many people in SF now for one very clear - July 28, 2014
- Wrong again. My point wasn't that my definition of "fairness" is - July 28, 2014
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014
- the Corporate state of America - July 28, 2014
- For every person, there is a place - July 28, 2014
- I think a lot of people would infer that someone who is in their - July 28, 2014
- Suggesting that people adapt their lifestyle to their financial - July 28, 2014