Hear ye, hear ye: Biweekly monster mashup party Bootie’s usual home, DNA Lounge, is closed for the month of January as part of a settlement with the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which sited it for supposed “lewd behavior.” Ugh.
But the mashup must go on, temporarily at Mezzanine this month, with DJs A+D and Jay-R, plus a special Future Universal room this Saturday, with Sarah Delush, Mario Muse, Kidhack, and Interrobang, who wins DJ name of the year already.
In other delicious mashup news -- is Christina Aguilera-meets-Julian Casablancas masterwork "A Stroke of Genius" really the song of the decade? You betcha, Freelance Hellraiser.
Most Commented On
- So you're saying I should join the trolls - March 16, 2014
- Yes I am denying that - March 16, 2014
- Nobody gives a crap about your Che fantasies, Greg. - March 16, 2014
- Calling yourself "Greg" is no different than calling yourself - March 16, 2014
- Greg, are you seriously denying that you accused the Ed Lee - March 16, 2014
- I didn't know there were 15 million Venezuelans - March 16, 2014
- Meanwhile trolls are immune from allegations of hypocrisy - March 16, 2014
- Vile slander. I said no such thing. - March 16, 2014
- That is such a biased assessment that it has no credibility - March 16, 2014
- And yet, the national police force - March 16, 2014