So much goodness (and a little sad -- see: Poleng Closing Party) out there in SF partyland. So, so much -- in fact it's like a creative explosion. Besides umpteen parties for Haiti this week, a great OK Hole, some soulful Anane, and a bit of wobble from DJ Krush, here's a few more parties you may enjoy ...
Hercules and Love Affair (Andy Butler DJ set)
Butler in Butt mag
We could be mad at Hercules and Love Affair founder Andy Butler for stealing our precious DJ Jason Kendig away to tour the world (and, yes, have a love affair). But the deep-disco-reminiscent music's just so good! He and Jason will rock Vessel on Wednesday with Honey Soundsystem's Pee Play and BT Magnum.
Hercules and Love Affair DJ set
Wed/27, 10 p.m., $10
85 Compton, SF
Last Call: Poleng Closing Party -- Haiti Relief
Sake One helps bid adieu
Oh man, one of the cutest spaces in the city is succumbing to the recession -- but in style, donating all the proceeds of its final party to Oxfam for Haiti. We had some good times ... Join Bay hip-hop and funk heavyweights Sake One and J-Boogie, Mr. E, Vinroc, Proof, Hakobo, King Most, Prince Aries, Haylow, Cutso, DJ Mel, Ant One, Green Tea, Shred One, Andy C, Chicken Skratch, Umami, Green B, BT Magnum, and Binaca! to bid farewell ...
Last Call: Poleng Closing party
Fri/29, 9pm, sliding scale donation $5-10
1751 Fulton, SF
all proceeds go towards Haiti earthquake relief
Lush and chunky east Coast beats (I totally stole that description from someone else's YouTube comments because it works) from the sexy Guillermo Scott Herren -- no, not Gil Scott-Heron -- at Slim's. He'll be joined by future-dub amazeball Gaslamp Killer for extra wow factor. This is the one to smoke up and get down too ...
Tue/2, 8 pm, $20
333 11th Street, SF
Most Commented On
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 23, 2014
- If the initiative has broad support, then money won't matter - July 23, 2014
- Yes, similar comments were made about Emma's piece on - July 23, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 23, 2014
- cjdoaXCjIQqACmte - July 23, 2014
- you point out. - July 23, 2014
- Dr Eke Chukwu Is THE GREAT SPELL CASTER SOMEONE CAN EVER TRUST - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- custody - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014