Via The Awl. Er... we should be paying more attention to Africa, maybe.
From a recent interview with Vice:
Right. So, are you hip-hop or what?
Ninja: Ja we’re from the hip-hop family, but we do rap-rave next level shit. Die Antwoord started with my one homeboy, DJ Hi-Tek (shows tattoo on hand)—He’s got his own PC computer and he makes basically like phat rap-rave beats. I was checking out his shit, and we started making some beats, you know, next level shit. So then I was speaking to my homegirl Yo-Landi, you know she’s got some funk and super flavour, so we started with a kind of, like, 2Unlimited, C+C Music Factory kind of thing… but a bit more gangster, with a street edge.
See ya later, Infected Mushroom.
Most Commented On
- There are no eyewitnesses other than - April 18, 2014
- ""Bias" in favor of the facts - April 18, 2014
- LOL. I've been reading the - April 18, 2014
- FDvdAORsHLTPIQwrg - April 18, 2014
- IN RE: should SFPD officers wear body mounted cameras - April 18, 2014
- Not to defend Conway or anything... - April 18, 2014
- Si in other words, you are a lazy fuck and would therefore like - April 18, 2014
- Save the world, work less - April 18, 2014
- zUzviaJXphLlYMPuVgYZ - April 18, 2014
- ScYGPceqyQNCkrLATfuI - April 18, 2014