I've been thinking about how Moon Duo's name sounds a little like Amon Düül. Maybe that's just tangential coincidence, but the SF twosome's songs allow for the kind of daydreaming that produces such thoughts.
Escape delivers on the great promise of Ripley Johnson and Sanae Yamada's earlier recordings, especially last year's Killing Time (Sacred Bones). Like that EP, Escape is made up of four songs, but the lunar flares sprawl ever outward to album length. We're only a month into 2010, but here's a contender for Bay Area album of the year.
Most Commented On
- Same old myth - July 11, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 11, 2014
- uber and lyft cars - July 11, 2014
- Would be happy to talk to you - July 11, 2014
- Yeah, that probably is Lilli - July 11, 2014
- LOL, so SFBG complains about soaring RE values and yet at the - July 11, 2014
- Probal, does your legal - July 11, 2014
- Hi, lilli! - July 11, 2014
- Blah lust - July 11, 2014
- No, Steven, and for two reasons - July 11, 2014