I've been thinking about how Moon Duo's name sounds a little like Amon Düül. Maybe that's just tangential coincidence, but the SF twosome's songs allow for the kind of daydreaming that produces such thoughts.
Escape delivers on the great promise of Ripley Johnson and Sanae Yamada's earlier recordings, especially last year's Killing Time (Sacred Bones). Like that EP, Escape is made up of four songs, but the lunar flares sprawl ever outward to album length. We're only a month into 2010, but here's a contender for Bay Area album of the year.
Most Commented On
- Yeah that bike lane on Cargo - December 5, 2013
- Clearly the debate cannot be "long over" because most of us are - December 5, 2013
- pdquick, we already rejected the "public option". - December 5, 2013
- Yes, they are debating - December 5, 2013
- Where is the car lobby in SF? - December 5, 2013
- Ridesharing is dangerous - December 5, 2013
- Single-payer Medicare-for-All - December 5, 2013
- No committment from Bicyclists - December 5, 2013
- Lobby - December 5, 2013
- If you had Medicare, and if - December 5, 2013