I've been thinking about how Moon Duo's name sounds a little like Amon Düül. Maybe that's just tangential coincidence, but the SF twosome's songs allow for the kind of daydreaming that produces such thoughts.
Escape delivers on the great promise of Ripley Johnson and Sanae Yamada's earlier recordings, especially last year's Killing Time (Sacred Bones). Like that EP, Escape is made up of four songs, but the lunar flares sprawl ever outward to album length. We're only a month into 2010, but here's a contender for Bay Area album of the year.
Most Commented On
- Long Live DJ Josh - March 15, 2014
- Offer Healthy Choices, Tax Sloth! - March 15, 2014
- Navajo Nation Makes Healthy Food Choices Tax-Free - March 15, 2014
- It happens because SF spends $165 million a year on the homeless - March 15, 2014
- They have that right only as long as they do not commit - March 15, 2014
- Who put you in charge of who deserves to live here? - March 15, 2014
- Cleaning up the plaze requires only that the SRO residents are - March 15, 2014
- If Zuckerberg can live in the Mission, Steven, then why not - March 15, 2014
- Idora, you are the one who implied that this guy could not - March 15, 2014
- Still, nobody is being "displaced" by this project - March 15, 2014