SCENE OF ACTION
20 Minute Hourglass
San Francisco needs its own Stone Temple Pilots, no? One with a good dose of Killers sprightliness?
Scene of Action may satisfy. The second EP by the local group with a dullsville name shows off highly polished alt-rock replete with big guitars, boffo NIN-style beats, and loud orchestrations designed for major Evanescence-esque drama. The occasional tender harmony even surfaces on “What’s a Boy to Do.” Commercial, yes -- with a dash of eccentricity that just might get them noticed beyond the 20-minute showcase set.
Most Commented On
- true - December 19, 2013
- Funny, I don't remember - December 19, 2013
- "Guest", do you have a valid - December 19, 2013
- Absolutely nothing - December 19, 2013
- Go Read Your Bible - December 19, 2013
- Yeah, and a million guys are douchebags - December 19, 2013
- You want one way that San - December 19, 2013
- But the color tones in these pictures - December 19, 2013
- SF voters have decided on this - December 19, 2013
- We wouldn't lose the water at HH is the dam goes. - December 19, 2013