SCENE OF ACTION
20 Minute Hourglass
San Francisco needs its own Stone Temple Pilots, no? One with a good dose of Killers sprightliness?
Scene of Action may satisfy. The second EP by the local group with a dullsville name shows off highly polished alt-rock replete with big guitars, boffo NIN-style beats, and loud orchestrations designed for major Evanescence-esque drama. The occasional tender harmony even surfaces on “What’s a Boy to Do.” Commercial, yes -- with a dash of eccentricity that just might get them noticed beyond the 20-minute showcase set.
Most Commented On
- "Shared progressive values" - March 13, 2014
- The police look like they're ready to do some heavy body damage - March 13, 2014
- Steven once fucked Alix Rosenthal - March 13, 2014
- Editing required - March 13, 2014
- "It's not about people being smart or dumb - March 13, 2014
- CCSF - March 13, 2014
- The same goes for the D8 - March 13, 2014
- prove your case - March 13, 2014
- Silly person - trolls are so - March 13, 2014
- Actually, it was peaceful - March 13, 2014