So maybe you’ve seen them before and maybe you haven’t. Thee Oh Sees -- performing at El Rio tonight (Wed/10) with Ty Segall, The Fresh & Onlys, and The Baths -- are no doubt a San Francisco garage-rock, lo-fi staple that demand you re-sample, swish, and spit for a full taste.
The sound is vintage rock and roll, psychedelic, and ratty. If you’re contemplating staying home on Wednesday night, find someone to give you a swift kiss in the ass and aim for El Rio. Did you really just ask why?
1. Vocalist John Dwyer’s semi-psychotic lurching and mic swallowing always entertains.
2. Hot rock chicks with sweat on their brow.
3. Similar to an ideal one-night stand: Rough. Loud. Vicious. Dirty.
4. There’s a chance Dwyer could bust out a flute.
5. You’ll have a legit excuse to skip yoga (or work) in the morning.
6. Cheap whisky and cheaper beer taste so much better mid-week.
Thee Oh Sees w/The Fresh & Onlys, Ty Segall, The Baths
Wed/10, 8pm, $7
3158 Mission Street, SF
Most Commented On
- Ah but if the risk "doesn't pay off" then you get Ellis'ed. - May 25, 2013
- Such fantasies are clearly the work of someone who has no life - May 25, 2013
- No, so what, there's a policy question here. - May 25, 2013
- No, so what, if you can only afford your rent because - May 25, 2013
- No. - May 25, 2013
- Yes. - May 25, 2013
- What a shame that the realities of - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 25, 2013
- I guess that this will work - May 25, 2013
- I'm a liberal and would take - May 25, 2013