Given Pentagram singer Bobby Liebling's gargantuan drug intake over the last forty years, the fact that the diminutive, goggle-eyed rocker continues to croon cult doom metal hits onstage -- Pentagram will be at DNA Lounge on Wed/24 -- is nothing short of a miracle.
Finally clean at 56, Liebling is back on the road with a talented new incarnation of the band he founded in Arlington, VA in 1971, brandishing a surprisingly intact larynx.
The muscular, down-tuned hard rock hasn't changed either, not that anyone would want it to. Last fall's Pentagram show at DNA sold out – don't sleep on this one!
With Ludicra, Slough Feg, Orchid
Wed/24, 8:30pm, $22
375 11 th St., SF
Most Commented On
- So you support squatters now? - July 30, 2014
- What, it is clear that Ed Lee - July 30, 2014
- Yeah, I've been doing short-term rentals for fifteen years - July 30, 2014
- It's mostly Hispanics where you are but, either way, - July 30, 2014
- And yet Lee's approval ratings are way higher than Mirk's - July 30, 2014
- A good reason to use artificial turf then - July 30, 2014
- "Progressive" is a meaningless term anyway - July 30, 2014
- Nonsense, all SF politicians are liberals - July 30, 2014
- I see no evidence of a documented link there - July 30, 2014
- "Next election"? - July 30, 2014