Given Pentagram singer Bobby Liebling's gargantuan drug intake over the last forty years, the fact that the diminutive, goggle-eyed rocker continues to croon cult doom metal hits onstage -- Pentagram will be at DNA Lounge on Wed/24 -- is nothing short of a miracle.
Finally clean at 56, Liebling is back on the road with a talented new incarnation of the band he founded in Arlington, VA in 1971, brandishing a surprisingly intact larynx.
The muscular, down-tuned hard rock hasn't changed either, not that anyone would want it to. Last fall's Pentagram show at DNA sold out – don't sleep on this one!
With Ludicra, Slough Feg, Orchid
Wed/24, 8:30pm, $22
375 11 th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Greg join Walmart investors - July 24, 2014
- Beach Chalet Ballot Initiative - July 24, 2014
- The US spends billions to fight Ebola and Marburg too - July 24, 2014
- BUgBvGEJFp - July 24, 2014
- And yet Israel spends millions to fight it. - July 24, 2014
- Your Imagination - July 24, 2014
- It's a complicated issue - July 24, 2014
- this doesn't even make sense - July 24, 2014
- You Are Really In LaLa Land There - July 24, 2014
- Cities Are Green - July 24, 2014