Given Pentagram singer Bobby Liebling's gargantuan drug intake over the last forty years, the fact that the diminutive, goggle-eyed rocker continues to croon cult doom metal hits onstage -- Pentagram will be at DNA Lounge on Wed/24 -- is nothing short of a miracle.
Finally clean at 56, Liebling is back on the road with a talented new incarnation of the band he founded in Arlington, VA in 1971, brandishing a surprisingly intact larynx.
The muscular, down-tuned hard rock hasn't changed either, not that anyone would want it to. Last fall's Pentagram show at DNA sold out – don't sleep on this one!
With Ludicra, Slough Feg, Orchid
Wed/24, 8:30pm, $22
375 11 th St., SF
Most Commented On
- There are lots of employee shuttles in NYC - December 21, 2013
- Alt-folk singer Michelle Shocked goes on homophobic rant, Yoshi' - December 21, 2013
- The other path to unionization - December 21, 2013
- Really, cool the hyperbole. - December 21, 2013
- come to ny - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a basic need but - December 21, 2013
- Agree, marcos. I am happy for these losers to be "heard" - December 21, 2013
- this... - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a level 1 - December 21, 2013
- Ballad of Gopman - December 21, 2013