A quality, happy-wild dance band like Think About Life—playing Fri/26 at Bottom of the Hill— is a gem to be treasured, or as the band themselves might say, “a pearl in my heart” or “the golden seashell in my dreams.” No matter how you quantify your sacred jewels, you had better put them deep in your fifth-pocket or that shit’s gonna fly out when the beat starts-- arms and legs automatically doing half-cartwheels on the dance floor.
Hailing from Montreal, Think About Life is a four-some of adorable nerds who don’t just come out of their shells onstage, they bust out, sending bits of energy and bedazzled hearts into the crowd for a set that will melt any and all dance-related inhibitions. Their latest album, Family [Alien8 Records, 2009] is jammed with front-man Martin Cesar’s bright vocals, hard bass beats and catchy melodies that race, skip rope, and double-dutch.
I particularly enjoy the track “Sweet Sixteen” and its super geeky video. Pay close attention to bassist/vocalist Caila Thompson-Hannant’s sexy dance moves— looks quite similar to the show my aunt recently put on at a family wedding. Hotttie!
Think About Life
w/The Heavenly States and Kill Moi
Fri/26, 8:30pm, $10
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th Street, SF
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014