A quality, happy-wild dance band like Think About Life—playing Fri/26 at Bottom of the Hill— is a gem to be treasured, or as the band themselves might say, “a pearl in my heart” or “the golden seashell in my dreams.” No matter how you quantify your sacred jewels, you had better put them deep in your fifth-pocket or that shit’s gonna fly out when the beat starts-- arms and legs automatically doing half-cartwheels on the dance floor.
Hailing from Montreal, Think About Life is a four-some of adorable nerds who don’t just come out of their shells onstage, they bust out, sending bits of energy and bedazzled hearts into the crowd for a set that will melt any and all dance-related inhibitions. Their latest album, Family [Alien8 Records, 2009] is jammed with front-man Martin Cesar’s bright vocals, hard bass beats and catchy melodies that race, skip rope, and double-dutch.
I particularly enjoy the track “Sweet Sixteen” and its super geeky video. Pay close attention to bassist/vocalist Caila Thompson-Hannant’s sexy dance moves— looks quite similar to the show my aunt recently put on at a family wedding. Hotttie!
Think About Life
w/The Heavenly States and Kill Moi
Fri/26, 8:30pm, $10
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th Street, SF
Most Commented On
- If people want to work 60 hours a week to achieve more - April 23, 2014
- I look at it the exact opposite way, Greg - April 23, 2014
- But SFBG was claiming to be closer to the voters - April 23, 2014
- You're just showing how - April 23, 2014
- You missed the point - April 23, 2014
- I see it as a benefit - April 23, 2014
- That's a different issue - April 23, 2014
- Great spell caster that bring back my ex lover - April 23, 2014
- hhhmmmm - April 23, 2014
- how i got hiv cure - April 23, 2014