DUM DUM GIRLS
I Will Be
Dee Dee. Jules. Bambi. Frankie Rose. Their names would be perfect for the pole and dollar-bill dances, but the only stage these four L.A. ladies take on is one with a mic. Together they are The Dum Dum Girls and today these bad-ass babes put out their first full-length record, I Will Be. Primarily dirty garage-pop with a shot of girl-group charm, the Dum Dum's combination of sweet and ratty comes off with a second-wave feminist punch. Hot harmonies, lo-fi fuzz, sexy black outfits, and sassy melodies that stick like bubblegum.
I Will Be recieved a little love and audible inspiration from industry vet Richard Gottehrer, who co-wrote "My Boyfriend's Back" and produced albums by lovely legends Blondie and the Go-Go's back in the day. Dee Dee (a.k.a. Kristin Gundred) runs the girl gang of musicians and says she grew up listening to sick chart toppers like Mariah Carey until her pops introduced her to the good stuff, like Jefferson Airplane and Grace Slick-- thanks Dad! And props to her mom, whose baby face adorns the cover of the new album.
Taking hints from the grand ol' '60s, while spicing things up with some grungy shoe-gazing guitar, The Dum Dum Girls are a sexier version of The Vivian Girls and a perfect upper to any downer.
Most Commented On
- Does she post comments on this website? - May 24, 2013
- Wow, then you fit in - May 24, 2013
- "The fact that the liberal - May 24, 2013
- Wow, I have never seen such a - May 24, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- Granelli must be all over - May 24, 2013
- There's no "sex shit" here. - May 24, 2013
- Google "fuck garrison keillor" - May 24, 2013
- the only smears here are - May 24, 2013
- What you're leaving out, Johnny - May 24, 2013