NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB
New Young Pony Club really got me revved when they released their debut album Fantastic Playroom [Modular, 2007] and packed it with a whole ranch full of songs for hot gallops and rapid romping. Now that it's been a good chunk of years, the London five-piece claims they've grown up and grown out of their label contracts-- they've become totally self-produced, self-funded and their new album The Optimist (fresh on the shelves this week) is self-released. Is it self-improved? Neigh (as in a horse noise and symbolizing my uncertainty).
The Optimist is electronically endowed as expected and it's creative synth melodies have definitely got the juice to make you whinny. Unfortunately a percentage of the new album seems a bit predictable and similar to NYPC songs of the past. Thankfully there are still a handful of Ladytron-esque tracks to chomp on, including hot dance numbers: "We Want To," "Stone," "Chaos," and "Lost a Girl." I always dig vocalist Tahita Bulmer's stone-cold fox approach to singing sexy; she borders mono-tone during some songs and other times orgasms into some higher, less inhibited ranges. Not to mention, her horse-mane is totally hot: half buzzed, half long and blonde with ratty crimps.
Most Commented On
- Interpreter, not translator. - April 23, 2014
- Yes, Greg is a troll, and usually wrong as here - April 23, 2014
- Nieto has multiple RO's against him and was clearly - April 23, 2014
- Deserted is ridiculous - April 23, 2014
- actually, he was innocent. - April 23, 2014
- Never really a Motorhead fan, - April 23, 2014
- CAlL +2348182620374 TO GET YOUR HUSBAND BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS - April 23, 2014
- Damn egos - April 23, 2014
- If people want to work 60 hours a week to achieve more - April 23, 2014
- I look at it the exact opposite way, Greg - April 23, 2014