By Lilan Kane
Brass, Bows & Beats, a local 45-piece orchestra that bridges genres and generations, is back. After a sold out performance last year at the Palace of Fine Arts, composer and band leader Adam Theis (of Jazz Mafia) is ready to take this show on the road (coming to Yoshi's SF on Sun/25).
Brass Bows & Beats is a 45 piece orchestra that bridges genres and generations. With an innovative mélange of jazz, soul, hip hop, funk, and electronica, BBB creates its own musical niche that has caught the attention of locals and even Jazz heads like Bill Cosby. The group will play two shows this Sunday at Yoshi’s to support their tour this summer.
Other members of the ensemble include rising stars Karyn Paige, Joe Bagale, and emcees Dublin and Lyrics Born. VIP tickets include passes to the exclusive afterparty.
BRASS BOWS & BEATS
Sun/25, 3pm, $10 (kids), $35 (adults) and 7pm, $25/$75 VIP
1330 Fillmore Street, SF
Most Commented On
- Money is the ultimate barbarian - March 9, 2014
- BURN VALENCIA - March 9, 2014
- They claimed to represent the 99% - March 9, 2014
- No matter who posts it, - March 9, 2014
- I agree that government is corrupt and a big part of the problem - March 9, 2014
- Marcos and his point. - March 9, 2014
- No one needs to try and make progressives look bad - March 9, 2014
- I don't think SFBG has ever claimed to represent the majority - March 9, 2014
- Yep, population is what counts if the question is about - March 9, 2014
- You should ask that question if the Bay Guardian - March 9, 2014