By Lilan Kane
Brass, Bows & Beats, a local 45-piece orchestra that bridges genres and generations, is back. After a sold out performance last year at the Palace of Fine Arts, composer and band leader Adam Theis (of Jazz Mafia) is ready to take this show on the road (coming to Yoshi's SF on Sun/25).
Brass Bows & Beats is a 45 piece orchestra that bridges genres and generations. With an innovative mélange of jazz, soul, hip hop, funk, and electronica, BBB creates its own musical niche that has caught the attention of locals and even Jazz heads like Bill Cosby. The group will play two shows this Sunday at Yoshi’s to support their tour this summer.
Other members of the ensemble include rising stars Karyn Paige, Joe Bagale, and emcees Dublin and Lyrics Born. VIP tickets include passes to the exclusive afterparty.
BRASS BOWS & BEATS
Sun/25, 3pm, $10 (kids), $35 (adults) and 7pm, $25/$75 VIP
1330 Fillmore Street, SF
Most Commented On
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - April 19, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME WITH MY FAMILY ISSUES - April 19, 2014
- And you can't get past your - April 19, 2014
- That is what the city is saying - April 19, 2014
- We as in who the hell u think - April 19, 2014
- N who r u Really?? - April 19, 2014
- What political BS who gives a - April 19, 2014
- Life is beautiful. Let's go - April 19, 2014
- Nieto was a nutjob with a gun - April 19, 2014