Since recording debut album Monster Movie with seminal Krautrock band Can back in 1969, vocalist and visual artist Malcolm Mooney has mostly made his home in the States. More recently, he has recorded with San Francisco-based band Tenth Planet, with whom he takes the stage Thurs/1 at Bottom of the Hill.
Mooney is up there in years (though the Internet fails to provide me with his actual age), and in some ways a relic of a very odd moment in musical history — the birth of Can — but his broad artistic pursuits suggest he’ll have something new and different to offer.
MALCOLM MOONEY AND TENTH PLANET
With Stephen Kent, Extra!
9 p.m., $10
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th St, SF
- SmRXUSxGlxnbzYJ - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014