Since recording debut album Monster Movie with seminal Krautrock band Can back in 1969, vocalist and visual artist Malcolm Mooney has mostly made his home in the States. More recently, he has recorded with San Francisco-based band Tenth Planet, with whom he takes the stage Thurs/1 at Bottom of the Hill.
Mooney is up there in years (though the Internet fails to provide me with his actual age), and in some ways a relic of a very odd moment in musical history — the birth of Can — but his broad artistic pursuits suggest he’ll have something new and different to offer.
MALCOLM MOONEY AND TENTH PLANET
With Stephen Kent, Extra!
9 p.m., $10
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th St, SF
Most Commented On
- Left out - July 23, 2014
- Attorneys debate toxic turf during Beach Chalet project - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- You laugh but I've actually heard people claim that only - July 23, 2014
- Supes to vote on Avalos' "Let's Elect Our Elected Officials" - July 23, 2014
- Marke made the original claim and so the onus is on him to - July 23, 2014
- Traditional and mainstream are both better words - July 23, 2014
- Emma, is it OK to make fun of black people going to prison? - July 23, 2014
- The top 7 music-related things on the Internet that have - July 23, 2014
- Yo, the irony here isn't the racial stereotype per se but rather - July 23, 2014