Since recording debut album Monster Movie with seminal Krautrock band Can back in 1969, vocalist and visual artist Malcolm Mooney has mostly made his home in the States. More recently, he has recorded with San Francisco-based band Tenth Planet, with whom he takes the stage Thurs/1 at Bottom of the Hill.
Mooney is up there in years (though the Internet fails to provide me with his actual age), and in some ways a relic of a very odd moment in musical history — the birth of Can — but his broad artistic pursuits suggest he’ll have something new and different to offer.
MALCOLM MOONEY AND TENTH PLANET
With Stephen Kent, Extra!
9 p.m., $10
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th St, SF
Most Commented On
- Your problem is with the syntax? - May 25, 2013
- Progressive like to claim to speak for "the people" - May 25, 2013
- Case in Point - here is a - May 25, 2013
- heh - May 25, 2013
- "Coverage" is not an - May 25, 2013
- I don't make anywhere close - May 25, 2013
- And your contribution to San Francisco - May 25, 2013
- There just doesn't seem to be any joy in Thugville - May 25, 2013
- Someone could also argue - May 25, 2013
- The hole truth... - May 25, 2013