Spring has sprung and anyone walking by El Rio last Saturday would have seen the telltale signs -– a line of fashionably dressed folk spilling down the block, distant sounds of yesteryear audible from the street, and if that wasn't enough to get you interested, then the wafting scent of outdoor grilling was sure to get you through that door to find yourself at the best daytime soul BBQ and dance party to be found anywhere. Yes, another year of Hard French is upon us.
As expected, Saturday's Hard French birthday party and season kick-off was a blast, more shakin' and off the hook than any Hard French party yet. The soul gods parted the clouds for a day so that the mortal babes could dance and cruise in the sun, and DJs Carnita and Brown Amy killed it, spinning both hits and rarities from their extensive collection of soul and funk 45s – a treasure trove they've no doubt been adding to over their recent hiatus.
Use these next three weeks to rev up for the next Hard French on Saturday, April 2nd, because before you know it, it'll be time to party all over again.
Most Commented On
- Nieto was a nutjob with a gun - April 19, 2014
- The fact that you call the police "scum" shows that you are - April 19, 2014
- So no evidence about this specific case then? - April 19, 2014
- I thought it was a very well-reasoned and informed commentary - April 19, 2014
- MifzLadaGVFAfrHZPyrE - April 19, 2014
- aPrGFUQSglRWYdCVqQEd - April 19, 2014
- emmwJxTNhUldAmR - April 19, 2014
- XgKfnknBmkZCMvCjwQ - April 19, 2014
- VNlGqkKEQFGErPtOQbm - April 19, 2014
- fjRrURcpKIToLz - April 19, 2014