"White Horse" and "Fun Girl"
Siren of the dance floor Nomi Ruiz is looking and sounding even better outside of Hercules and Love Affair; in fact, depending on the petty commercial whims and deeper prejudices of the world, she could be the most alluring pop diva since Aaliyah. Washing in on peerless cymbal-sprays, "White Horse" comes on like the 21st-century answer to Shannon's "Let the Music Play" while also notching top spot in the current Madonna revival. Its video sashays through the kind of N.Y. nighttime sleaze that just about disappeared with the Gaiety, and does so with style. The older "Fun Girl" has traces of the Hercules sound as well as Janet Jackson's and Aaliyah's feline flirtations with guitar rock, and a warped horror-tinged sound that make sense when one considers Jessica 6's original name was Deep Red. Check out the flawless combo of windblown hair/keyboard at 1:14. Can't wait for the album. Videos after the jump.
Jessica 6, "White Horse":
Jessica 6, "Fun Girl":
Most Commented On
- I want the type of housing Marc Solomon has - July 30, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 30, 2014
- He would never help a homeless person - July 30, 2014
- What i know about you is that commenting on blogs is - July 30, 2014
- Re-read what I said - I wasn't advocating policy at all. - July 30, 2014
- Does everything have to be - July 30, 2014
- Except that the "political process" encourages development - July 30, 2014
- Yes, I decide the appropriate - July 30, 2014
- Why would you force those - July 30, 2014
- The market knows no reason,it - July 30, 2014