Major props to any super-hot French pop star who starts her set wearing a full body mop. That's just what Yelle's lead-singer, Julie Budet, did last night at the Regency Ballroom -- but it was to be expected since the group is consistently donning edgy threads in their eccentric music videos.
Budet has true star energy which fires her fans into hours-long dance fests at her concerts, despite the fact that probably the majority of them have no idea what her French lyrics are on about.
But little matter -- it's not just about the music.
It's also about the spunky '80s dance moves and her too-cute white Keds. And I love the fact that even though Yelle has a very electro pop sound, the group is actually two band mates tinkering on the keyboard and drumming away on a kit, which infinitely surpasses hitting play on a Mac Book. The beats last night were infectious and gave off that essential French coolness that everyone was trying to absorb just a little bit of, even if they couldn't quite sing along.
Most Commented On
- If you're underwater on your mortgage in San Francisco - July 11, 2014
- Just wondering - July 11, 2014
- Lawyers love Campos - July 11, 2014
- Recology contract - July 11, 2014
- Affordable defined - July 11, 2014
- Three headed babies on the way! - July 11, 2014
- I think Steve thinks more like a right wing Christian - July 11, 2014
- Albany Bulb dwellers speak out on temporary shelter arrangement - July 11, 2014
- Do the Math - July 11, 2014
- OUTRAGEOUS - July 11, 2014