Magical UK disco foursome Horse Meat Disco (the four horsemen of the discopocalypse?) are joining House of Stank at Juanita More's super-kiki Pride party on Sunday -- and hottie Jim Stanton from the quartet has gifted us with his Pride Top 5. Get ready to twirl, because there's also a hot-hot Horsemeat minimix after the jump, celebrating the upcoming July 4 release of their third compilation disc, Horsemeat III (holy mirrorballs, Duck Man, just check out this track list). Get into it.
Macho, "I'm a Man" (Prelude), 1978
Macho is a proper disco song that reminds me of San Francisco because of the leather scene. It is sooo gay and hard! Perfect for that "dark room" action. Haha!
Locussolus, "I Want It (Prins Tomas Remix)" (International Feel/UK), 2011
Prins Tomas turns DJ Harvey's celebrated epic club track into a funky Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band-style work out for our new disco generation. BIG!
Ava Cherry, "You Never Loved Me" (RSO), 1980
EVERYTHING you want from a disco track jam-packed into 8 minutes. Bitterness, heartache and regret? Check! Searing strings? Check! Brass section to die for? Check! And that trippy break HIT!!!
Run Baby Run, "Let No Man Put Asunder (Ron Hardy Edit)" (Salsoul), 1983
I love the original a lot, BUT I like Ron Hardy's "raw" side! A proper Chicago legend. I edit this to another level. Soo ENERGETIC!!!Always in my set.
Paul Parker, Right On Target (Megatone), 1982
A muscular slab of energetic and frisky true San Francisco. Non-stop heavy action from Patrick Cowley the godfather of hi-NRG.
And check out this minimix!!
Most Commented On
- Lots Of Big Words In Here Put On Your Big Boy Pants - December 4, 2013
- Ambrose, for every Van Gogh there were 9,999 failures who - December 4, 2013
- Sales Taxes Are Regressive - December 4, 2013
- That hatred is both their - December 4, 2013
- You know, Joe, that was a half decent response until the last - December 4, 2013
- By your philosophy, oh sage - December 4, 2013
- One of the things... - December 4, 2013
- Most so-called activists are. - December 4, 2013
- Rebecca, the distinction is immediate and obvious - December 4, 2013
- Mr Basinger is kind of a d*ck - December 4, 2013