House of Stank is coming to town for Pride, playing Sunday at Juanita More!'s infamous pool party. We asked the NYC house and tech duo -- W. Jeremy, who many will recognize from his years in SF, and Christy Love -- for a top 5 list of their favorite Pride tracks, from booty-tech to old-school End Up classics.
5. "Big Freek (DJ Deeon Remix)," Freak Nik
-- Christy Love first discovered Booty House while living in SF and this song is one of her all-time faves.
4. "I Feel Good Things For You," Daddy's Favourite
-- End-Up classic that samples Patrice Rushen.
3. "In and Out of My Life," Adeva
-- Jeremy is from New Jersey. Adeva is from New Jersey. 'Nuff said.
2. "Do Ya Wanna Funk," Patrick Cowley feat. Sylvester
-- Two Bay Area Disco Legends on one track. Every time we hear this song it reminds us of SF Pride.
1. "Day By Day (Green Velvet Mix)" - Dajae
-- We are so excited to play alongside Dajae at Juanita MORE!'s Pride party!
W. Jeremy says: "2011 has been a busy year for us. The thing that we're most excited about is our new record label, Get Up Recordings. We're gearing up for our third release, a track called 'Tonite' by Honey Dijon and Sebastian Manuel, which is definitely going to be a future classic house track. We're super excited about our upcoming roster, which will feature releases from Severino (Horse Meat Disco) and Nico Deceglia, also known as Hyena Stomp, the SF/Bay Area's David Harness and another release from us. We just finished up a remix for The Two Bears for a track called "Bear Hug" on Southern Fried Records. We're playing Cielo NYC for the first time in July with Tedd Patterson which is very exciting because of the club's Funktion One sound system."
Most Commented On
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014
- Oh, the irony! - March 8, 2014
- I am the World's Smartest Leader and I am running for Mayor too - March 8, 2014