How adorable is JD Samson? As a member of the legendary electro-feminist band Le Tigre and currently the force behind MEN, her music skills alone bank winning points. When you add in that little mustache, messy hair, and big dorky glasses, Samson becomes a full-on queer sex symbol. And guess what ladies? She's here and DJing SOM Bar's Saturday night Pride party.
The dancefloor is bound to be packed with gay-weekend celebrating hotties but if Samson is truly the apple of your eye, you might have to step up your game. Her last gf was Sia, the ridiculously cool Austrailian pop-singer who never fails to spew awkwardly entertaining stories, as seen by her interview with the Bay Guardian last year. The musical couple broke up this Spring and while it's not confirmed that Samson is/is not carting a new beau, this party could very well be your chance to romance a queer celebrity with a ridiculous cool-factor.
Samson's musical stylings are known to be eclectic but there's no doubt her DJ choices for SOM's "Lights Down Low" event will be electronic, hard, and very grind-able. Blur's "Girls & Boys" will probably make a justified appearance on the playlist. Her cohorts for the evening will include Nomi Ruiz, a member of Hercules and Love Affair and Jessica 6, which plays the Pride Main Stage on Sunday.
If you're somehow unfamiliar with Samson's previous work or just haven't completely been convinced of her charm, check out her It Gets Better video. Awwwww, JD!
LIGHTS DOWN LOW: ANNUAL PRIDE EDITION W/JD SAMSON AND NOMI RUIZ
Sat/25, 8 p.m., $15
2925 16th Street, SF
Most Commented On
- They think they are - December 10, 2013
- If Milk was spouting the same - December 10, 2013
- Sorry Chris. There are some - December 10, 2013
- 510-629-6662 its the number - December 10, 2013
- While I might not agree with - December 10, 2013
- I couldn't agree more. HELLO - December 10, 2013
- LOL. Seems like it... doesn't - December 10, 2013
- Wow. Nice. How about we - December 10, 2013
- Sure, those people do things - December 10, 2013
- Good ol marcos. - December 10, 2013