Last night at the Knockout, Religious Girls killed it. It was a homecoming show of sorts for the local band after its late summer tour, and the feeling was all warm and fuzzy -- minus a drunken birthday boy fight in the crowd. The Knockout itself was crowded, but not that unbearable, sweat-running-down-the-walls packed it has been known to incur. The boys of Religious Girls, who we profiled earlier this week, played hard and tight; especially the drummer, who we're giving MVP for the night.
After opening the show, Religious Girls were followed by another recent birthday boy, San Francisco's 80s synth dreampopper Part Time, backed by a full band, then Canadian trio Born Gold (formerly Gobble Gobble).
All photos by Chris Stevens.
Most Commented On
- State and municiap pension funds are run by Calpers and their - July 23, 2014
- Treading water - July 23, 2014
- Midsummer mayhem - July 23, 2014
- The Fourth of July: Remembering the good old days in Rock - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014
- Attorneys debate toxic turf during Beach Chalet project - July 23, 2014
- Government by who shouts loudest - July 23, 2014
- Beyond the bros - July 23, 2014
- Correction made above - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014