Last night at the Knockout, Religious Girls killed it. It was a homecoming show of sorts for the local band after its late summer tour, and the feeling was all warm and fuzzy -- minus a drunken birthday boy fight in the crowd. The Knockout itself was crowded, but not that unbearable, sweat-running-down-the-walls packed it has been known to incur. The boys of Religious Girls, who we profiled earlier this week, played hard and tight; especially the drummer, who we're giving MVP for the night.
After opening the show, Religious Girls were followed by another recent birthday boy, San Francisco's 80s synth dreampopper Part Time, backed by a full band, then Canadian trio Born Gold (formerly Gobble Gobble).
All photos by Chris Stevens.
Most Commented On
- The units won't be put back - April 23, 2014
- There's no profit in Extinction... - April 23, 2014
- thanks to Dr Udo for his remarkable spells - April 23, 2014
- Mr Herrera - the SFBG's business model is illegal!!! - April 23, 2014
- Hello am regina from the - April 23, 2014
- IBEW shill - April 23, 2014
- Not sure how the SF Tenants - April 23, 2014
- Testimony on how i got back my lover - April 23, 2014
- Testimony!!! on how i got my ex lover - April 23, 2014
- This suit is a non-issue because it only applies to units that - April 23, 2014