Judging from the gentleman blowing washing machine-sized bubbles at Dolo yesterday, it's summer in San Francisco. Capitalize on the Ked-melting hit by hitting up one of the most local-local day long fests the city has to offer: the fourth annual Bay Vibes Festival, which is being held Sat/24 in the sunny Dogpatch patio of Cafe Cocomo.
Need to brush up on your local talent? The mashup of genres on tap at Bay Vibes has the power to clue you into the Bay's music scene in one fell swoop. The kawaii sitar trill of Gabby La La, the Latin-funk-hip-hop block party that is Bayonics, good-natured, furry hat-wearing world jams from Dogman Joe and cute boy cello playing by Alma Desnuda. We'll make it easy for you to decide to go -- videos after the jump.
Some of the talent taking the stage at Club Cocomo this Saturday:
Gabby La La -- "Alarm Clock"
Jethro Jeremiah -- "Gust of Wind" (live at Mojo Cafe)
Alma Desnuda feat. Merton -- "Baduquai"
La Gente -- "Compromiso"
Antioquia -- "Humans Do"
Bay Vibes Festival
Sat/24 2 p.m.-2 a.m., $15-100
650 Indiana, SF
Most Commented On
- Please provide one that - July 28, 2014
- Steven, it has been estimated that anywhere between one third - July 28, 2014
- Although there are thousands of Airbnb rentals in SF, very few - July 28, 2014
- If there is no question about it then you will be able to cite a - July 28, 2014
- Corrections - July 28, 2014
- ClEpauJHZNJybsJsL - July 28, 2014
- yliJjQpIRethx - July 28, 2014
- Limitations on short-term - July 28, 2014
- Planning Commission hearing - July 28, 2014
- fOztfARUnnB - July 28, 2014