Judging from the gentleman blowing washing machine-sized bubbles at Dolo yesterday, it's summer in San Francisco. Capitalize on the Ked-melting hit by hitting up one of the most local-local day long fests the city has to offer: the fourth annual Bay Vibes Festival, which is being held Sat/24 in the sunny Dogpatch patio of Cafe Cocomo.
Need to brush up on your local talent? The mashup of genres on tap at Bay Vibes has the power to clue you into the Bay's music scene in one fell swoop. The kawaii sitar trill of Gabby La La, the Latin-funk-hip-hop block party that is Bayonics, good-natured, furry hat-wearing world jams from Dogman Joe and cute boy cello playing by Alma Desnuda. We'll make it easy for you to decide to go -- videos after the jump.
Some of the talent taking the stage at Club Cocomo this Saturday:
Gabby La La -- "Alarm Clock"
Jethro Jeremiah -- "Gust of Wind" (live at Mojo Cafe)
Alma Desnuda feat. Merton -- "Baduquai"
La Gente -- "Compromiso"
Antioquia -- "Humans Do"
Bay Vibes Festival
Sat/24 2 p.m.-2 a.m., $15-100
650 Indiana, SF
Most Commented On
- Cycling is for the privileged. - December 12, 2013
- Kim has to pay her dues to the non-profits that run this city. - December 12, 2013
- Don't need any substantiation - December 12, 2013
- Why not propose prohibition? - December 12, 2013
- There's always some excuse or - December 12, 2013
- Banning private auto ownership within city limits - December 12, 2013
- It's nice Jane Kim is concerned about the rights of the - December 12, 2013
- Was walking down Folsom at the stop light between - December 12, 2013
- 16 million new cars were sold in the US in 2013. - December 12, 2013
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013