Well. I was so excited about the return of beloved DJ Chicken to the party-throwing arena that I listed the launch date of his new free monthly shindig, Rarebits at Truck, incorrectly in my latest Super Ego clubs column. It's actually tomorrow night ( Friday 11/11/11 -- the neat date should have been a mnemonic no-brainer, but hey, as I said, I'm still drunk).
So, let's turn lemonade into vodka lemonade, shall we? I described the night, also featuring fab guest DJ Josh Cheon, of Dark Entries and Honey Soundsystem, as being "eclectic." What the heck does "eclectic" even really mean? DJ Chicken has curated a collection of neato tracks -- from tUnE-yArDs to Captain Beefheart -- you may or may not hear tomorrow night at Truck after the jump. I'll drink to that!
Fri/11, 6 p.m.-10 p.m., free
1900 Folsom, SF.
Most Commented On
- one guy? - December 6, 2013
- Has the Marsh actually costed out the same kind of soundproofing - December 6, 2013
- If you invest in their "affordable housing fund" you will get a - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh provides - December 6, 2013
- GPD inhabits some alternative reality. - December 6, 2013
- I wonder if people in Washington DC bemoan the bicycle coalition - December 6, 2013
- Does that include the lobbying by unions and transit advocates? - December 6, 2013
- GPD could not be more wrong - December 6, 2013
- Last I Checked SF Was Still Part Of The United States - December 6, 2013
- Ironic - December 6, 2013