Well. I was so excited about the return of beloved DJ Chicken to the party-throwing arena that I listed the launch date of his new free monthly shindig, Rarebits at Truck, incorrectly in my latest Super Ego clubs column. It's actually tomorrow night ( Friday 11/11/11 -- the neat date should have been a mnemonic no-brainer, but hey, as I said, I'm still drunk).
So, let's turn lemonade into vodka lemonade, shall we? I described the night, also featuring fab guest DJ Josh Cheon, of Dark Entries and Honey Soundsystem, as being "eclectic." What the heck does "eclectic" even really mean? DJ Chicken has curated a collection of neato tracks -- from tUnE-yArDs to Captain Beefheart -- you may or may not hear tomorrow night at Truck after the jump. I'll drink to that!
Fri/11, 6 p.m.-10 p.m., free
1900 Folsom, SF.
Most Commented On
- Likewise, when cyclists ride on the sidewalk or fail to stop at - March 7, 2014
- Anyone associated with Occupy is unelectable - March 7, 2014
- total validation - March 7, 2014
- Every single boondoggled public works project, like the Bay - March 7, 2014
- If he is less than 100% behind cops and business, then he will - March 7, 2014
- When will people call an end - March 7, 2014
- Walk SF basically says that - March 7, 2014
- SNCF - the French national railway operator - March 7, 2014
- Pro Oakland - March 7, 2014
- Skake it Up - March 7, 2014