Localized Appreesh is our weekly thank-you column to the musicians that make the Bay. Each week a band/music-maker with a show, album release, or general good news is highlighted and spotlit. To be considered, contact email@example.com.
This week's Localized Appreesh hones in on the mysterious garage punk of San Francisco's Buffalo Tooth. The band has a set of thrashy-fun songs up now on Bandcamp, recorded by the illustrious Matthew Melton of Oakland's Bare Wires, but that's all to be had so far besides the live show (you can catch that this week at Hemlock Tavern). Buffalo Tooth is patiently awaiting an official release. Which, aren't we all?
Year and location of origin: 2011, Black Hills of South Dakota, Buffalo Specimen: A-46B.
Band name origin: It's a symbol of resistance and power in Native American culture.
Band motto: Mid-set high fives.
Description of sound in 10 words or less: Blue Cheer/Black Flag; basically bands with colors in their names.
Instrumentation: Guitar/Vox - Greg Downing, Bass/Vox - Eric Kang, Drums/Vox - Sean Grange
Most recent release: Upcoming 7" S/T EP on Archer's Guild Records, recorded by: Matthew Melton (Bare Wires) and mastered by: Patrick Haight.
Best part about life as a Bay Area band: Tons of awesome bands to play with, the Bay has so many killer bands right now.
Worst part about life as a Bay Area band: No moneys......
First record/cassette tape/or CD ever purchased:Oh boy, Slipknot when I was 11.
Most recent record/cassette tape/CD/or Mp3 purchased/borrowed from the Web: Danava Hemisphere of Shadows.
Favorite local eatery and dish: Morty's in the TL, Chicken BLT.
With Down Dirty Shake, and E Minor and the Dirty Diamonds
Wed/28, 9 p.m., $6
1131 Polk, SF
Most Commented On
- If you build it... - May 21, 2013
- Not necessarily - May 21, 2013
- Why would you expect to be eligible for a pension before you - May 21, 2013
- You either give more than you take or - May 21, 2013
- You got yours, so you don't want them to get theirs? - May 21, 2013
- Part Timers? - May 21, 2013
- All sovereign currency issuers have debt - May 21, 2013
- Yes, the 65% of SF'ers who poll as approving of Lee's - May 21, 2013
- You and Guest are two peas in a pod. - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynacediv - May 21, 2013