It's official: the Coachella lineup for 2012 is out and it's a doozy. The mix of acts in the sunbaked California desert will surely please all camps; there's the hip new guard, and more importantly, there are some thrilling reunions.
Friday night headliners include the Black Keys, Pulp, Refused, Arctic Monkeys, and Mazzy Star; the mid-range boasts Tim Armstrong, Girls, Rapture, Frank Ocean, Yuck, and Neon Indian, and below those some newbies such as WU LYF, EMA, and LA Riots are listed (along with dozens of others).
Saturday brings back Radiohead and gains the elusive Jeff Mangum, along with the Shins, Bon Iver, fIREHOSE, Andrew Bird, Feist, A$AP ROCKY, Buzzcocks -- the list surely goes on and on.
Sunday seems perhaps the most eclectic lineup with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg headlining, softly below that a reunited At The Drive-In, along with Justice, Florence and the Machine, Beirut, the Hives (huh?), Wild Flag, Greg Ginn, araabMUZIK, and just gaggles more.
I'm running out of ways to say additional bands here. Why not take a look for yourself.
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. PST. Or you could stay in San Francisco and soak up our cooling fog.
Most Commented On
- wtf - December 8, 2013
- Hey, I'm with you. - December 8, 2013
- I know, right? - December 8, 2013
- Only two people would know the "level of appointment" - December 8, 2013
- Most people know to be good neighbors. - December 8, 2013
- The 19th St units were exceptional and went for $1400 psf. - December 8, 2013
- So, if the population of SF is 800,000 then what you are saying - December 8, 2013
- Who gets to define the "Mission community" You? - December 8, 2013
- Valencia Corridor Prices Start at $1.5 mil - December 8, 2013
- Seriously - December 8, 2013