It's official: the Coachella lineup for 2012 is out and it's a doozy. The mix of acts in the sunbaked California desert will surely please all camps; there's the hip new guard, and more importantly, there are some thrilling reunions.
Friday night headliners include the Black Keys, Pulp, Refused, Arctic Monkeys, and Mazzy Star; the mid-range boasts Tim Armstrong, Girls, Rapture, Frank Ocean, Yuck, and Neon Indian, and below those some newbies such as WU LYF, EMA, and LA Riots are listed (along with dozens of others).
Saturday brings back Radiohead and gains the elusive Jeff Mangum, along with the Shins, Bon Iver, fIREHOSE, Andrew Bird, Feist, A$AP ROCKY, Buzzcocks -- the list surely goes on and on.
Sunday seems perhaps the most eclectic lineup with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg headlining, softly below that a reunited At The Drive-In, along with Justice, Florence and the Machine, Beirut, the Hives (huh?), Wild Flag, Greg Ginn, araabMUZIK, and just gaggles more.
I'm running out of ways to say additional bands here. Why not take a look for yourself.
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. PST. Or you could stay in San Francisco and soak up our cooling fog.
Most Commented On
- Vogt hides behind his own child. What a man. - June 18, 2013
- Did Todd Vogt approve this particular version of the truth? - June 18, 2013
- Let's ban Stanton Glantz - June 18, 2013
- In-laws - June 18, 2013
- Wow, he sounds like a real go-getter and exactly the kind of - June 18, 2013
- Wrong on both, "Kyle". - June 18, 2013
- The floggings will continue until morale improves! - June 18, 2013
- This is one of Todd Vogt's - June 18, 2013
- Redmond is a journalist and not a businessman. - June 18, 2013
- You have GOT to be kidding me... - June 18, 2013