It's official: the Coachella lineup for 2012 is out and it's a doozy. The mix of acts in the sunbaked California desert will surely please all camps; there's the hip new guard, and more importantly, there are some thrilling reunions.
Friday night headliners include the Black Keys, Pulp, Refused, Arctic Monkeys, and Mazzy Star; the mid-range boasts Tim Armstrong, Girls, Rapture, Frank Ocean, Yuck, and Neon Indian, and below those some newbies such as WU LYF, EMA, and LA Riots are listed (along with dozens of others).
Saturday brings back Radiohead and gains the elusive Jeff Mangum, along with the Shins, Bon Iver, fIREHOSE, Andrew Bird, Feist, A$AP ROCKY, Buzzcocks -- the list surely goes on and on.
Sunday seems perhaps the most eclectic lineup with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg headlining, softly below that a reunited At The Drive-In, along with Justice, Florence and the Machine, Beirut, the Hives (huh?), Wild Flag, Greg Ginn, araabMUZIK, and just gaggles more.
I'm running out of ways to say additional bands here. Why not take a look for yourself.
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. PST. Or you could stay in San Francisco and soak up our cooling fog.
Most Commented On
- Fuck the "tech leaders," - December 11, 2013
- Correction - December 11, 2013
- He was from New Orleans - December 11, 2013
- Really? - December 11, 2013
- Oakland is for the little people. - December 11, 2013
- Mr. Jones has made a good point here. - December 11, 2013
- No, SFBG only has the IP address that he or she used. - December 11, 2013
- SF progressives use the word "white" as a slur. - December 11, 2013
- If they have a job, then they can buy healthcare insurance - December 11, 2013
- The best way to help il;legals is to hire them, so they can buy - December 11, 2013