Let’s just get this out of the way immediately: there’s going to be a doggie dance this Sunday at the Stud. I could say no more about it and there would still be a segment of people, myself very much included, that would need to go, no questions asked. I mean, it’s a dance for dogs.
Well for the rest of you, I asked the questions. The official title is “Dance Doggy Dance A Fundraiser for WonderDog Rescue” and it's the first of its kind for Wonderdog. The Stud is dog-friendly, and there will be DJs spinning lower decibel levels so as not to hurt those velvety pup ear flaps.
“So the first DJ David Sternesky will be spinning disco during that time. ,” says Wonderdog volunteer “So this will really be a doggie disco.”
Here’s hoping we see a Chihuahua mix doing the non-sexual hustle with a Lab, or perhaps a Bullmastiff howling Chic's "Le Freak."
After Sternesky (Rocket Collective, Solid), Taco Tuesday (OH! & I Cochina Tonga's) sidles into the DJ booth and real live humans can get in on the dancefloor as well. Either way, it's a spot to bring your dog and have a cocktail.
Wonderdog is a volunteer group that rescues dogs from all over Northern and Central California. According to its site, it has “saved blind and deaf dogs, puppies as young as two weeks and seniors as old as 15.” It also offers hospice to special needs and elderly dogs.
The fundraising will go towards Wonderdog’s ability to pay vet bills, rent out its Western Addition space, transport dogs, and of course, feed the things.
Most Commented On
- OMG, not white males again? - December 18, 2013
- I already knew all of that, - December 18, 2013
- Child of Sorrows - December 18, 2013
- Child of sorrows - December 18, 2013
- yeah you do indeed read that screen name correctly - December 18, 2013
- Yes, and that in turn is a variation of the common progressive - December 18, 2013
- So true, a common mantra of the left is that nobody should be - December 18, 2013
- Some give socialism a bad name... - December 18, 2013
- But seniors and the disabled cannot ride a bike and a - December 18, 2013
- Yes and true, but the "solution" may be worse than the problem - December 18, 2013