We made a point to sleep in late on Sunday morning to make sure we made it to church. Services started at 9:30 p.m. that evening, so we had to be sure to get our beauty sleep before putting on our Sunday best. Once ensconsed the holy space, there was singing and readings. We were repeatedly told that yes, we are loved... by Bowie. Public Works was hosting Stardust Sunday, the ecstatic services propagated by the First Church of the Sacred Silversexual, an entity devoted to the worship of all things David Bowie.
But this was no mere night of "Rebel Rebel" and "China Girl," people. Everyone had their lyric pamphlets in hand, glitter layered on, and were sure to join in the many “wham bam, thank you ma'am!”s proclaimed between each epic musical moment. It was pure, ridiculous fun. Mancub and 8ball of the DJ collective Space Cowboys provided the hymnal Bowie beats, and a fabulous mass was had by all.
Late that night as we walked home, we came upon a golden sign decorating the cold pavement several blocks away from Sunday mass. It served to remind us, just one more time, that Bowie does indeed love us.
For information on the First Church of the Sacred Silversexual's next services, go here
Most Commented On
- QlqcTtZrpwYSONIYQLF - April 20, 2014
- SEMUueRdKsAVMzqo - April 20, 2014
- lnIFiwpjNT - April 20, 2014
- jGfaTIqiOHCWhJSH - April 20, 2014
- ZcjTtrvpXgy - April 20, 2014
- "Why'd you do it?" we ask Fake Google employee Max Bell Alper - April 20, 2014
- FUUGUmmPWixbEuLgP - April 20, 2014
- UUBIhhgKmabXBsaR - April 20, 2014
- This is my testimony about - April 20, 2014
- he is a great spell caster - April 20, 2014