Party Radar: Princess Pandora's Pink Pajamas, Felix da Housecat, Ron Trent, Guy Gerber, Delhi 2 Dublin
First, I made a wee boo-boo in this week's Super Ego clubs column in the paper (where you'll find a bunch more fun parties to attend). The awesomely footworky XXXY will appear at the Lights Down Low party at Monarch (not Public Works, as I erroneously previously erroneated.)
Second: so, yes, American Idolator Simon Cowell is launching a DJ competition version of the X-Factor, which promises to enrage just as much as it might engage (please let there actually be a category for how big DJs open their mouth when they stare at laptops!) And some big name DJs who actually aren't douchbags are already having some good, hilarious fun with it, which in fact kinda makes me want to see the trainwreck/real thing:
And now, more parties.
PRINCESS PANDORA'S PINK PAJAMA PARTY
The Lusty Lady goddess aims to throw one hell of a birthday party at this week's Bondage A Go Go party for pleasant perversions, which benefits Planned Parenthood. You know what to (hardly) wear.
Wed/7, 10pm, $10. Cat Club, 1190 Folsom, SF. Facebook invite
Hypnotic techno cutie from Tel Aviv dives into town before being swallowed by Miami's Winter Music Conference, thumping around the weekly Base party.
Thu/8, 10pm, $10. Vessel, 85 Campton Pl., SF. www.vesselsf.com
FELIX DA HOUSECAT
The electro-clash jestersneaks into the glamorouos Blow Up party for some good ol' grin-inducing throwdown.
Fri/9, 10pm-3am, 18.50 advance, $20 door. DNA Lounge, 375 11th St., SF. Facebook invite
The Chicago house legend (who also qualifies on many counts as a second-generation Detroit techno player) comes to Oakland, with The People crew's soulful groovers Cecil and Cali opening up.
Fri/9, 10pm-3am, $10. Bench and Bar, 510 17th St., Oakl. Facebook invite
DELHI 2 DUBLIN
Kick off your St. Patrick's Week with this eclectic group of Punjab-celtic world travellers, getting you up and pumping at this month's installment of the wonderful Non Stop Bhangra party.
Sat/10, 9pm-3am, $10 advance, $15 door. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. Facebook Invite
Most Commented On
- How many times now has Steven refused to answer the simple - March 7, 2014
- Sean, yes, there may be some local tax due as well as - March 7, 2014
- No, in-laws can be easily vacated by declaring them to the city. - March 7, 2014
- Streetsblog is relentlessly anti-car. - March 7, 2014
- Wrong. Most deaths on the road are accidents. - March 7, 2014
- Aaron, it's your "flat earth argument" policy that is abused - March 7, 2014
- well, yeah, but they like - March 7, 2014
- i really doubt that. but time - March 7, 2014
- HELPFUL MAN!!! - March 7, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. - March 7, 2014