All photos by Eric Lynch
I guess the story of the first day was the weather. Everyone checking their iPhones for what time the rain would begin. And it eventually came, not SF rain, but a startling event none the less for Coachella.
Intermittent showers and sprinkles throughout the day (after 4:30 ish). Fans got creative using garbage bags or just ignored it altogether, in their hipster finery. By the end of the day there were shivering shirtless Coachella bros everywhere.
M83 was astounding. They were a definite crowd favorite.
I almost peed my pants leaning on the speakers in front of Amon Tobin ISAM.
There were a lot of crabby people for Mazzy Star (too quiet, no lights, plus rain equals crabby twenty somethings who have no idea really who Hope Sandoval is and seemed unwilling to give her a chance.)
While I think Pulp is old news, Jarvis Cocker really brought out the camp and strutted the stage like he meant it.
WU LYF: simple clean and unpretentious as one can be with an affected voice like that.
Girls are not very photogenic but the crowd was wild for them. The three background singers brought it up a notch.
Most Commented On
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013
- You bought 32 Adair from - December 13, 2013
- Yeah, when the bike nuts say "hey, it works in Holland" - December 13, 2013
- Cocaine works as well, as - December 13, 2013
- It has worked. Take a look at your year-end 401K statement - December 13, 2013
- The point is that the demand for homeless services is infinite - December 13, 2013
- CM - December 13, 2013
- Amsterdam is flat - December 13, 2013
- Expanding the balance sheet - December 13, 2013
- Excellent point - December 13, 2013