First of all, what the heck are you gonna be for Halloweeeeen?
I'm vacillating between being these amazing but creepy speakers made of artificial muscles -- so many of my interests intersecting? -- and DJ Paris Hilton (I'll just stand there like a stunned gazelle with one headphone, and have someone pop up from under my minidress to fiddle with a mixer). In any case, let's all agree that this can be our Halloween--costume-choosing retro kiki house theme song:
Second, I screwed up someting major in my Super Ego column in the paper this week: The wonderful Odyssey party is actually on FRIDAY (not Saturday as your wasted columnist stupidly put forth -- hey at least I'm cute in the dark!) Come and spank me on the dancefloor, loves, it's gonna be a great one.
Here are more parties.
Beautifully hypnotic global-tribal, jazzy-deep house from the spiritual master -- he'll be at another installment of Marques Wyatt's Deep parties, IMHO the most excitingly diverse experiences in SF.
Fri/19, 10pm-4am, $15-$20. Mighty, 119 Utah, SF. www.mighty119.com
It's time to re-up your degree in the teaches of Peaches. Berlin's bad mama-jamma of electroclash performance art is back for a rare appearance, celebrating the 17th anniversary of local art-tech-music powerhouse Blasthaus.
Fri/19, 9pm, $22.50. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.blasthaus.com
The mindbending deep techno entity known as Rrose obliterated pretty much everyone when she played here at Public Works several months ago -- c'est la vie! Joining Rrose in the blessedly banging, re-abilified Club Six basement is Sensate Focus, another cerebellum twirler. I'm kind of scared, the good scared.
Sat/20, 10pm-late, $15-$20. Club Six, 101 Sixth St., SF. www.clubsix1.com
He used to live here, now he lives in Berlin -- the US is less cute without him :( but he will be bringing his deliciously breezy underground house magic to Honey Soundsystem :)
Sun/21, 10pm, $5. Holy Cow, 1535 Folsom, SF. hnysndsystm.tumblr.com
Most Commented On
- Referring to the police as "pigs" instantly devalues your - March 16, 2014
- No, Greg, it was a fair question - March 16, 2014
- It's a dilemma for Greg because he hates Asians and loves losers - March 16, 2014
- LOL, Greg trying to defend Asians and chinamen when we all know - March 16, 2014
- NAaXjHtwzrpfIngIoD - March 16, 2014
- Amazon increases Prime’s cost as it turns focus to profit - March 16, 2014
- "The Clean up the Plaza folks - March 16, 2014
- Absolute Garbage. But I - March 16, 2014
- It's so funny when - March 16, 2014
- Did you watch the video provided? - March 16, 2014