OK, NanosauR, a.k.a. Michael Solorzano, (thanks for the tip) I did download it and it’s nutso mixtape perfection. So, yes, I liked what I heard.
There’s the drowsy, molasses-slow chillwave remix of Backstreet Boys’ “Show Me the Meaning,” followed by a cartoonish, helium-sucking version of Daniel Johnston’s “Devil Town,” and an inspired take on Charles Manson’s “Look at Your Game, Girl.” The high-powered dance mix of INXS’ “Need You Tonight,” is a good Friday night jam (get ready, tomorrow), as with the original, but here it gets all twisted, and thankfully, weirder.
The influences and mixes are all over the map, which makes it such a fun listen – with NanosauR additionally dipping intro tracks by Chelsea Wolfe, Three Six Mafia, Joanna Newsom, Wu Tang Clan, New Edition, and the Bay Area’s own Exray’s and Antwon.
NanosauR’s next SF shows are April 13 at F8, 1192 Folsom, with Sasha Go Hard, Brooke Candy, and Sick Sad World (Trill Team 6), followed by April 16 at Café Du Nord, DJing for Kitty Pryde.
He’ll then go on tour to DJ for Kitty Pryde with Danny Brown on the “Old and Reckless” tour.
Most Commented On
- Money is the ultimate barbarian - March 9, 2014
- BURN VALENCIA - March 9, 2014
- They claimed to represent the 99% - March 9, 2014
- No matter who posts it, - March 9, 2014
- I agree that government is corrupt and a big part of the problem - March 9, 2014
- Marcos and his point. - March 9, 2014
- No one needs to try and make progressives look bad - March 9, 2014
- I don't think SFBG has ever claimed to represent the majority - March 9, 2014
- Yep, population is what counts if the question is about - March 9, 2014
- You should ask that question if the Bay Guardian - March 9, 2014