OK, NanosauR, a.k.a. Michael Solorzano, (thanks for the tip) I did download it and it’s nutso mixtape perfection. So, yes, I liked what I heard.
There’s the drowsy, molasses-slow chillwave remix of Backstreet Boys’ “Show Me the Meaning,” followed by a cartoonish, helium-sucking version of Daniel Johnston’s “Devil Town,” and an inspired take on Charles Manson’s “Look at Your Game, Girl.” The high-powered dance mix of INXS’ “Need You Tonight,” is a good Friday night jam (get ready, tomorrow), as with the original, but here it gets all twisted, and thankfully, weirder.
The influences and mixes are all over the map, which makes it such a fun listen – with NanosauR additionally dipping intro tracks by Chelsea Wolfe, Three Six Mafia, Joanna Newsom, Wu Tang Clan, New Edition, and the Bay Area’s own Exray’s and Antwon.
NanosauR’s next SF shows are April 13 at F8, 1192 Folsom, with Sasha Go Hard, Brooke Candy, and Sick Sad World (Trill Team 6), followed by April 16 at Café Du Nord, DJing for Kitty Pryde.
He’ll then go on tour to DJ for Kitty Pryde with Danny Brown on the “Old and Reckless” tour.
Most Commented On
- Tale of two parties: Was the 8 Washington defeat a referendum - April 20, 2014
- Don't be a Glasshole - April 20, 2014
- Fast bills - April 19, 2014
- oOmHLcSCPSbnNiFq - April 19, 2014
- cEBpuLEIoWvA - April 19, 2014
- Guardian honored for investigation of buying influence at City - April 19, 2014
- BEST SPELL CASTER - April 19, 2014
- A radical proposal: Squat Airbnb hosts' homes to create - April 19, 2014
- drabiza helped me - April 19, 2014
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014