Boiler Room (aka the world’s leading underground music show) is coming to San Francisco for the first time. That SF Boiler Room event, which will be beamed to laptops and cellphones worldwide, is the official Treasure Island Music Festival after party. It features a DJ set from legendary DJ-producer-MC Madlib and super secret special guests.
You have to RSVP here to get the secret location. But we do know it’ll be Oct. 19 from 10pm-4am.
Boiler Room has hosted webstreaming live sets by up-and-coming DJs and hip-hop artists for years now. It began in London, focused on underground dance music, but has since exploded far beyond those bounds. Recent Boiler Room artists include Chvrches in London, Truss in Amsterdam, Femme En Fourrure in Helsinki, Jerome LOL in LA, and Marcel Dettmann in Berlin.
Earlier this year, Boiler Room founder and CEO Blaise Bellville told Billboard, “Especially in the UK, everyone knows what Boiler Room is...It’s become an absolute essential for any artist to promote — any artist in the credible music world, whether they’re aspiring pop musicians, or whether they want to stay underground. Everyone has to play at Boiler Room because it offers more license than any other live or archive platform there is.”
Check some popular previous Boiler Room episodes below:
Most Commented On
- grDYUUCRImLrc - July 30, 2014
- With ObamaCare, why do we even need SFGH? - July 30, 2014
- The most important housing imperative for SF is not to house - July 30, 2014
- It doesn't work like that - July 30, 2014
- "We have a city of 5,000 - July 30, 2014
- What am I missing here? - July 30, 2014
- These workers can simply live - July 30, 2014
- Wrong, the city desperately needs all kinds of housing but - July 30, 2014
- Wiener is the smartest of the supervisors and so I'd expect him - July 30, 2014
- This is the flip side of the - July 30, 2014