At Big Rock Beach, near Willow Creek, both clad and unclad visitors like to sunbathe on boulders that dot the riverbank, on the edge of a forest. "It's a comfortable place, and it's really warm there," says a visitor named Vince.
How to find it:
From the coast, follow Highway 299 East about 30 minutes to the town of Willow Creek and turn left (or north) two turnoffs before the town's Chevron gas station. Follow the road several miles past a gravel quarry. After forest growth begins to increase, look for cars pulled over in a large turnout next to a rocky outcropping over the river. Park and take the steep path near the turnout, by the Forest Service sign, down to the water.
Rocky and remote, the big, smooth stones here are used for sunbathing by visitors in the summer and early fall.
Probably just you and your group. The beach gets both nude and non-nude use.
Not much sand; unknown legal status; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- Editor's notes - May 18, 2013
- These - May 18, 2013
- If facts matter, - May 18, 2013
- The public transportation and - May 18, 2013
- He makes up for it by - May 18, 2013
- Texas. Yay. "Texas has - May 18, 2013
- Just - May 18, 2013
- A d we are all complicit - May 18, 2013
- Says the commenter who - May 18, 2013
- Illegals did come here illegally and are here illegally. - May 18, 2013