Some 25 miles south of Carmel, off Highway 1, the central coast's oldest nude beach is also heavily used by suited visitors. Look for it at Pheneger Creek, behind the Big Sur River Inn, located at 46840 Highway 1.
How to find it:
From the last stoplight in Carmel, drive south about 23 miles (approximately 40 minutes) to Andrew Molera State Beach. Go south on Highway 1 two more miles until you see Big Sur River Inn on your right. The beach is on Big Sur River, not far from the inn.
A riverbank beach mixed with sand and rocks.
Both suited and nude visitors use the site.
Unknown legal status, needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- The writing is on the wall (on the waterfront, that is) - May 24, 2013
- Street music - May 23, 2013
- Okay. In case you hadn't - May 23, 2013
- So that would make Asians - May 23, 2013
- Kind of funny...... - May 23, 2013
- And anyway, you missed my - May 23, 2013
- SF schools not geared for trades - May 23, 2013
- I do live in a place I can - May 23, 2013
- If your out of town workers - May 23, 2013
- I was there last night... - May 23, 2013