Some 25 miles south of Carmel, off Highway 1, the central coast's oldest nude beach is also heavily used by suited visitors. Look for it at Pheneger Creek, behind the Big Sur River Inn, located at 46840 Highway 1.
How to find it:
From the last stoplight in Carmel, drive south about 23 miles (approximately 40 minutes) to Andrew Molera State Beach. Go south on Highway 1 two more miles until you see Big Sur River Inn on your right. The beach is on Big Sur River, not far from the inn.
A riverbank beach mixed with sand and rocks.
Both suited and nude visitors use the site.
Unknown legal status, needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- No, Steven, and for two reasons - July 11, 2014
- Free choices - July 11, 2014
- Sales taxes pay for roads - July 11, 2014
- Take a chill pill, Gerard. - July 11, 2014
- You may be correct about that but my trash bill is now over - July 11, 2014
- True, but what is even more amusing is how they rationalize - July 11, 2014
- Recology Rate Review Process - July 11, 2014
- All in: author and activist Julia Serano talks 'Excluded' - July 11, 2014
- It's amusing how rent control - July 11, 2014
- Sanity? - July 11, 2014