Some 25 miles south of Carmel, off Highway 1, the central coast's oldest nude beach is also heavily used by suited visitors. Look for it at Pheneger Creek, behind the Big Sur River Inn, located at 46840 Highway 1.
How to find it:
From the last stoplight in Carmel, drive south about 23 miles (approximately 40 minutes) to Andrew Molera State Beach. Go south on Highway 1 two more miles until you see Big Sur River Inn on your right. The beach is on Big Sur River, not far from the inn.
A riverbank beach mixed with sand and rocks.
Both suited and nude visitors use the site.
Unknown legal status, needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- If there is no question about it then you will be able to cite a - July 28, 2014
- Corrections - July 28, 2014
- ClEpauJHZNJybsJsL - July 28, 2014
- yliJjQpIRethx - July 28, 2014
- Limitations on short-term - July 28, 2014
- Planning Commission hearing - July 28, 2014
- fOztfARUnnB - July 28, 2014
- James, you are free to live anywhere that you can afford. - July 28, 2014
- Rentals of less than 30 years have long been illegal? - July 28, 2014
- You might want to see a pro bono doctor about your obsession. - July 28, 2014