The wooden deck at Santa Cruz's Cowell State Beach is usually used by surfers to put on or take off their wetsuits. But we've spotted several people jump naked right into the water from the platform on the hottest summer days.
Cowell State Beach
How to find it:
Head to West Cliff Drive but park when you first turn onto it from the Municipal Wharf area. Parking is often easy to find. Walk to the beach stairway at West Cliff and Monterey, on the west side of West Cliff. Leave your clothes on the deck, where water access begins (there's no beach per se).
A deck and the water near it. Watch out for frequent rough waves. Skinny-dippers prefer to stay near the shore.
Mostly surfers, but on particularly hot days a few naturists sometimes show up.
Not a beach; mainly used by suited surfers; heavy undertow; cold water; fog; proximity to residences; lack of privacy.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- "Currently, there is no - May 18, 2013
- Yes, it's called Newspeak: - May 18, 2013
- why is this MY - May 18, 2013
- Tell the Yakuza. - May 18, 2013
- Cutting off the nose to spite the face - May 18, 2013
- I'm guessing that you have never read 1984 - May 18, 2013
- Such a load of crap - May 18, 2013
- The whole west side is single family homes - May 18, 2013
- I know you guys - May 18, 2013
- Correction: hate=love - May 18, 2013