To try four other clothing-optional riverbanks on Big River, walk downstream to a series of fun swimming holes. Some of the spots are "maybe waist deep," says regular visitor Brian. But with increased winter rains, he reports that "at a few spots, you can even jump into the water." However, due to the rocks in the river, total nudity isn't recommended. Suggests Bill Johnson, of San Francisco: "Bring some old shoes you can wear for wading." We call these beaches Two Bends, Three Bends, Five Bends, and Six Bends.
Part of the Big River unit of Mendocino Headlands State Park.
How to find it:
Follow directions to Lilies, then walk two, three, five, and six bends downstream along the river, which at times resembles a creek.
Little riverbank sand shoals with cool water that may be shallow or moderately deep.
Probably just you.
Rocky river bottom; needs better directions; anti-nudity regulations may be enforced by state rangers in the future.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- I'm sorry... You want to - June 19, 2013
- Across series she repeats the - June 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaxgves - June 19, 2013
- agen bola had out with buy. - June 19, 2013
- Agen Bola - June 19, 2013
- I am a fan! It is the best - June 19, 2013
- The one time I agree with anon - June 18, 2013
- Xorauguynahfumg - June 18, 2013
- Do you even know what these words mean? - June 18, 2013
- Speak for yourself - June 18, 2013