Just past the previous two beaches, there are two more water holes that are sometimes used for au naturel swimming. You may encounter a few visitors there or even have the sites all to yourself. Please let us know what happens!
How to find it:
Check for the beach around two miles west of Cache Creek Bridge, near mile marker 34.94 on Highway 20, just east of New Long Valley Road. Park and walk upstream to a tiny clothing-optional swimming hole that is hidden from the road.
A sandbar along the creek, just downstream from the point where the highway and stream run side by side.
Hardly anyone knows about this site, so it only gets a few visitors, even on weekends.
Directions could be improved; unknown legal status; occasional patrols by cops.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- You nailed it. - April 16, 2014
- You nailed it. Faculty gets - April 16, 2014
- This is the agency Tim Redmond wants to charge with purchasing - April 16, 2014
- Campos will push for vacancy control if he gets in the Assembly - April 16, 2014
- Guess the potholes in the - April 16, 2014
- Wait a sec. I know texting - April 16, 2014
- CA taxes capital gains as if it were income - April 16, 2014
- Federal criminal indictment of PG&E doesn't go far enough - April 16, 2014
- Lots of private companies would meet the transit demand - April 16, 2014
- I always vote no on every revenue Prop anyway. - April 16, 2014