Only a smattering of tourists visit this remote beach, which is between North Beach and South Beach in Point Reyes National Seashore. And that's good news for the few sunbathers who sometimes go topless or nude on the warmest days, when nobody's around. Tip: bring a windbreaker in case the weather changes.
Midway Beach is within Point Reyes National Seashore.
How to find it:
Starting at San Francisco, head north on Highway 101 to Sir Francis Drake Boulevard. Stay on Sir Francis Drake through San Anselmo and Lagunitas. At the intersection with Highway 1, head north to the National Seashore headquarters in Olema. Pick up a map and follow Bear Valley Road to Sir Francis Drake Boulevard. Take Sir Francis past Inverness and Tomales Bay State Park and follow the signs to North Beach or South Beach. You'll come to the North Beach trail first. When you get to the beach, walk south along the sand. Or continue on Sir Francis Drake toward the Point Reyes Lighthouse (don't take the road to Drake's Beach). Just after the cutoff to Drake's Beach, look on your right for the trail to South Beach. Follow the same directions as above, except walk north.
A sandy patch of land that is ruggedly isolated.
You'll probably be alone. Only a few naturists visit here.
Can be cold, windy, foggy, and lonely; directions can be improved.
Select an Area:
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014