It's risky behavior, so not everyone jumps from The Rocks, as a local skinny-dipping hole is known, into the Russian River. Visitors also like to sunbathe, swim, read, and just relax at the sunny, waterside nook, which has been growing in popularity.
Public access land of private property. See Lower Wohler Bridge for enforcement policy.
How to find it:
Follow the trail from Sunset (see above) downstream about a quarter mile.
A 200-foot long sandy riverbank that has high rocks on one side, plus a deep swimming hole. Some visitors dive or jump off the rocks.
"It's used by a mix of men, women, and couples," says Tom, a frequent visitor. "No citations have ever been issued at this beach to my knowledge." Best time to visit is late on weekdays. The rest of the time, says Tom, "it's pretty busy with clothed vacation users."
Area subject to visits by deputies; nude use usually limited to weekdays; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- You're obviously a - March 15, 2014
- I think Zuck lives in a part - March 15, 2014
- There was a fellow named - March 15, 2014
- What a bunch of reactionary douchebags - March 15, 2014
- There are too many damn Asian restaurants anyway - March 15, 2014
- I agree - it's a non-story - March 15, 2014
- 5K buys you a month of rent in the Mission these days - March 15, 2014
- Not seeing the scandal here... - March 15, 2014
- I can't stand the rest of - March 15, 2014
- Dear Dear, did you not learn - March 15, 2014