It's risky behavior, so not everyone jumps from The Rocks, as a local skinny-dipping hole is known, into the Russian River. Visitors also like to sunbathe, swim, read, and just relax at the sunny, waterside nook, which has been growing in popularity.
Public access land of private property. See Lower Wohler Bridge for enforcement policy.
How to find it:
Follow the trail from Sunset (see above) downstream about a quarter mile.
A 200-foot long sandy riverbank that has high rocks on one side, plus a deep swimming hole. Some visitors dive or jump off the rocks.
"It's used by a mix of men, women, and couples," says Tom, a frequent visitor. "No citations have ever been issued at this beach to my knowledge." Best time to visit is late on weekdays. The rest of the time, says Tom, "it's pretty busy with clothed vacation users."
Area subject to visits by deputies; nude use usually limited to weekdays; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- AgeSong told Campos they - July 10, 2014
- I feel no sympathy for you - July 10, 2014
- economic - July 10, 2014
- What the hell are you - July 10, 2014
- Losing their hegemony - July 10, 2014
- Supervisor's Campos offer is - July 10, 2014
- I smell an expensive lawsuit - July 10, 2014
- divine solution - July 10, 2014
- It's called an "asset strip" - July 10, 2014
- Never a problem imposing an additional tax can't solve!! - July 10, 2014