You may have canoodled, but have you ever canuded? It's the art of paddling a canoe -- nude or not -- to a nude swimming hole. And it's also a preferred way to reach this Eel River site, along with others that are nearby. Other options include rowing or hiking. This beach, north of Willits is a sandy bank along the Eel River where you can pull your watercraft up on the bank, take off your clothes, and plunge into the invigorating water.
Believed to be part of Round Valley Reservation.
How to find it:
Follow directions for Dos Rios, Poon Kinny Ridge, and North Poon Kinny. The Round Valley swimming hole is some 5-to-10 miles north of North Poon Kinny. If you're coming by canoe, give yourself another hour past North Poon Kinny.
Same as North Poon Kinny.
Naturists, fishermen and fisherwomen, and canoers all come here to cool off.
Unknown legal status; directions need improving; trash; proximity to train tracks.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- We can also help by not using drugs. - July 29, 2014
- Sadly, new journalism appears to be little more than reading - July 29, 2014
- I'm sure Steven - July 29, 2014
- Gawker - July 29, 2014
- Um...was there ANY effort in this article - July 29, 2014
- great reporting, Joe - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Have you polled people in SF to see what percentage of them give - July 29, 2014
- spelling! - July 29, 2014