If you're heading east from the coast, after the town of Blue Lake look for the Salyer Roadside Rest Area, east of Maple Creek beach. Not many outsiders know about it, but a clothing-optional swimming hole used by locals and visitors is across the street from the rest stop.
How to find it:
Follow the directions to Maple Creek (above). The "nude beach is just east of the entrance to the Salyer Roadside Rest Area," says reader Donald. It's located about 100 yards east of the rest spot on the opposite side of the road. "At that point," suggests Donald, "you should turn down the gravel road to the parking area. A rocky, somewhat steep, but good trail will bring you down to the river."
A riverbank beach of sand mixed with rocks.
You may see a few visitors. Or you may be the only person present.
Gravel access road; rocky river bottom; unknown legal status; better directions needed.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- "What we all know about" Mirkarimi - July 31, 2014
- The article was about BART - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- iKGCzHQZopfY - July 31, 2014
- Not selective ENFORCEMENT ???? What about Airbnb? - July 31, 2014
- http://newamericamedia.org/20 - July 31, 2014
- Which is why the voters will - July 31, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 31, 2014
- Work order payments are appropriate - July 31, 2014
- marcos, please furnish your evidence for the proposition that - July 31, 2014