If you're heading east from the coast, after the town of Blue Lake look for the Salyer Roadside Rest Area, east of Maple Creek beach. Not many outsiders know about it, but a clothing-optional swimming hole used by locals and visitors is across the street from the rest stop.
How to find it:
Follow the directions to Maple Creek (above). The "nude beach is just east of the entrance to the Salyer Roadside Rest Area," says reader Donald. It's located about 100 yards east of the rest spot on the opposite side of the road. "At that point," suggests Donald, "you should turn down the gravel road to the parking area. A rocky, somewhat steep, but good trail will bring you down to the river."
A riverbank beach of sand mixed with rocks.
You may see a few visitors. Or you may be the only person present.
Gravel access road; rocky river bottom; unknown legal status; better directions needed.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- These kind of solutions help - May 18, 2013
- complaining about right wingers - May 18, 2013
- ". With over one million - May 18, 2013
- Well, Jesus ain't letting you into - May 18, 2013
- "Currently, there is no - May 18, 2013
- Yes, it's called Newspeak: - May 18, 2013
- why is this MY - May 18, 2013
- Tell the Yakuza. - May 18, 2013
- Cutting off the nose to spite the face - May 18, 2013
- I'm guessing that you have never read 1984 - May 18, 2013