Are you tired of coastal fog? Then you might consider taking a quick road trip inland to some 10 clothing-optional swimming holes near the towns of Blue Lake and Willow Creek, where temperatures are often quite toasty. At least 10 clothing-optional swimming holes are located a few miles inland. Suggestion: bring drinking water and suntan lotion. Coming from the coast, the first place to enjoy nude swimming and sunbathing is this beach overlooking the Van Duzen River. On a weekday, you may be the only person present.
How to find it:
Take Highway 101 north to Highway 36. From Bridgeville, drive downstream to Goat Rock, then look for the nude beach on a ribbon of sand along the river.
Bring water shoes, old sneakers, or flip-flops to wear in the river so you won't get "rock burn" from the pebbles in the water.
A huge gathering would be 15 people. Most likely, there will be only a few people present.
Beware of rushing, sometimes hazardous water; rocks in the river; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- Wiener had to have support - July 31, 2014
- Condos being sold does not - July 31, 2014
- Indeed, Guest - July 31, 2014
- You're right - he doesn't. - July 31, 2014
- SFGH does good work - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 31, 2014
- Yes, this does rather wreak of overly-precious race pandering. - July 31, 2014
- They are separate but not equal - July 31, 2014
- Extrication - July 31, 2014