Are you tired of coastal fog? Then you might consider taking a quick road trip inland to some 10 clothing-optional swimming holes near the towns of Blue Lake and Willow Creek, where temperatures are often quite toasty. At least 10 clothing-optional swimming holes are located a few miles inland. Suggestion: bring drinking water and suntan lotion. Coming from the coast, the first place to enjoy nude swimming and sunbathing is this beach overlooking the Van Duzen River. On a weekday, you may be the only person present.
How to find it:
Take Highway 101 north to Highway 36. From Bridgeville, drive downstream to Goat Rock, then look for the nude beach on a ribbon of sand along the river.
Bring water shoes, old sneakers, or flip-flops to wear in the river so you won't get "rock burn" from the pebbles in the water.
A huge gathering would be 15 people. Most likely, there will be only a few people present.
Beware of rushing, sometimes hazardous water; rocks in the river; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- So you are expressing surprise that a developer who wants to - March 13, 2014
- great - March 13, 2014
- why? - March 13, 2014
- Richmond, CA is in bankruptcy and has an astronomical - March 13, 2014
- If the city is involved they will try and take it over - March 13, 2014
- How can we be suffering gentrification if by your own admission - March 13, 2014
- Look at how Richmond CA has done with a Green mayor - March 13, 2014
- Great writing on a great writer on a musical enigma - March 13, 2014
- how is clean power the same as public power - March 13, 2014
- The City Does Not 'run the power' Within CleanPowerSF, PG&E Does - March 13, 2014