On warm days, local residents can often be found at a swimming hole with a small riverbank beach just outside the town of Willow Creek and east of Willow Creek Bridge. But not everyone there is naked. "On the day I went there wasn't anybody nude, but I know other people who like to get naked there," says a visitor who went with his girlfriend and found several other couples present.
How to find it:
From the coast, go east on Highway 299 to Willow Creek, some 30 minutes from Arcata. After crossing Willow Creek Bridge, check your odometer Less than a mile east of the bridge, pull off the highway to your left onto a little dirt road that runs parallel to the highway. The road has small shrubby oaks on either side. After 100 meters or so, it ends at the beach parking area. Park and take the path down to the creek.
A mix of sand and rocks.
Few persons visit Willow Creek Bridge beach; those who do may be nude or suited.
Unknown legal status; rocky river bottom; cold water; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- JAW: Part II even better than Part I - June 18, 2013
- So, so, so much wrong here - June 18, 2013
- My thoughts exactly. What a - June 18, 2013
- I'll miss the Guardian, it - June 18, 2013
- Steve has job-retention worries - June 18, 2013
- No kidding - June 18, 2013
- Please be more specific if you even capable of such. - June 18, 2013
- *shakes his head* - June 18, 2013
- Tim the progressive agenda is - June 18, 2013
- Hopefully you'll land on your feet Tim - June 18, 2013