First off, I can bitch about the ridiculousness of the Golden Gate Bridge effect, the absurdity of setting so much of this movie in SF when they actually shot most of it in Vancouver (it looks pretty faux, to boot), and the narrative mishaps that leave me, the onetime X-Men semi-superfan, uncaring about whether Jean Grey/Phoenix lives or dies.
But just to be a super-bitch, why has X-Men become a place where supermodels (Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn, we're looking at you) go to die? Famke, I'm sorry, but you've looked finer and your color job has been much classier. This look ranks up there with Val Kilmer's bad wigs in The Doors. Blame it on the Brett Ratner production?
Can we get any redder?
All that aside, I wanted to simply share a moment in the preview screening when the button/easter egg appeared after the credits. Not only was it blatantly cheesy and soap-opera-ish, but the devotees who I caught it with, were literally roaring. Most memorable response: "Bullshit!"
Most Commented On
- Diversionary tactics, as usual, - May 25, 2013
- So what are you saying Rob? - May 25, 2013
- Progressives previous to 9/11 - May 25, 2013
- The sad thing is that most of these people who claim some - May 25, 2013
- Muttering inanities like "Bestemor" in every post does not - May 25, 2013
- Depends how you define "subsidy" - May 25, 2013
- You missed my point. SFBg are claiming a "crisis" but you - May 25, 2013
- Who is bestemor? - May 25, 2013
- Dude, the posts take a while to be uploaded. - May 25, 2013
- Nope, the bozo "Joe" posted the same message six times. - May 25, 2013