Guardian A&E intern Elaine Santore discovered MillionaireMarch.com, and nothing has quite been the same since; here's her take on the online dating site:
Not long ago, a good friend alerted me that we were behind on our MRS degrees. In a panic, I grabbed my BlackBerry and clicked on the “Tasks” icon. Sure enough: below reminders to “Wash my face” and “Do NOT text/IM/call/MySpace that guy” was “Get MRS degree.”
At 24, I feared I’d missed the trophy wife boat forever. Thankfully, the good folks at Jane magazine spotlight online dating in its Feb. issue, and mentioned MillionaireMatch.com. Millionaire Match’s homepage poses the all-important questions:
“Does your economic success make it difficult for you to meet that special someone?” Um, duh. Non-intern men in SF are very intimidated by my success. So much so that I had to move back into my parents’ house just to feel at their level.
“Why try other dating websites that can only claim to get results, when you can meet tens of thousands of successful and quality singles and friends right here!” Awesome! I need friends.
Millionaire Match defines a millionaire as anybody who makes over $150,000 a year. Non-millionaires and celebrities (no income bracket provided) are also invited. The site allows you to create a free profile, but offers a gold membership for $19.95 a month. (That’s half the membership fee for Parisexposed.com. Hot.)
After a couple hours of perusing the site, I found that some members appeared to be actual millionaires. A fair share of men my age, however, looked like they were in search of a sugar mama. No shame in the game, boys. Holla for the dollar!
Most Commented On
- San Francisco's politicians - December 9, 2013
- This is probably the best - December 9, 2013
- Agreed. China has wonderful - December 9, 2013
- Well said. - December 9, 2013
- San Friscans Have made their bed. Now they Must lie in it. - December 9, 2013
- I live in Oakland. I did not - December 9, 2013
- Yeah they got an apology and reparations too - December 9, 2013
- Absolutely. Yes, our - December 9, 2013
- The worst part is that the - December 9, 2013
- All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than - December 9, 2013