Last Wednesday we unleashed the first issue of our new quarterly glossy supplement SCENE: The Guardian Guide to Nightlife and Glamour to thunderous approval and only a few (disappointing) howls of protest. I want more protest dammit! Where's freakin' Fox News when you want 'em! My nails are too long to dial the right-wing media up. Lord, I need a special dialing wand .
With fashion and photography contributed by House of Herrera and art direction by Mirissa Neff, SCENE took on Nightlife During Wartime. Go ahead and read my intro essay Emergence exits: Getting crazy in a time of crisis -- if you dare.
More pics and articles after the jump!
Model Christina blew it up:
Read Building the bomb: Explosive local cocktails by Jonathan Beckhardt
Read Dance dance revolution: Party spaces that give a damn by Nicole Gluckstern
Dee Jay Pee Play 'sploded:
Read Mission fresh-air beer: Outdoor alcoholic outposts by Sam Devine
Christina made it happen again:
Read Attack of the Killer Ts by Kimberly Chun
And, of course, our cover girls Candi Gurl (left) and Marina Bitch:
Thanks to all! Hope you enjoy! Until our Summer Issue:
Most Commented On
- "Guest" sounds more real than - December 12, 2013
- This post seems ludicrous. - December 12, 2013
- so bigotry against tech - December 12, 2013
- thats great - December 12, 2013
- Discover how to make money - December 12, 2013
- Essay writing help - December 12, 2013
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013