Wanna travel? Wanna get away? Why drive when you can fly, right? Wrong. There's tons of great travel opportunities right here in the Bay -- not all of them boutique-y in that precious Wine Country way or "Look at all these distressed and antiqued finds up here in Half Moon Bay" way. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
But lately -- and post-Spring breakly -- we're lovin' 71 Miles, a local travel site put together by former television travel commentator and late-night heartthrob John Vlahides -- who certainly seems to know a lot about the Bay's "hidden spots" ...
And why not? Who doesn't want to fondle the soft, white, nearby underbelly of the Bay in terms of restaurants, B&Bs, shops and other such getaway stuff? So forget about Puerto Vallarta -- we've got Truckee! Yes, Truckee. The "next Aspen." Really!
Most Commented On
- It is often said that it is suffering that creates great art. - December 5, 2013
- Cage Match - December 5, 2013
- You clearly need to understand the SFBG hierarchy of needs. - December 5, 2013
- Its true, I read it on the - December 5, 2013
- Artists are doing what they love to do. - December 5, 2013
- So affordability has nothing to do with money? - December 5, 2013
- We don't want to be recruited into any movement that a dick - December 5, 2013
- Srill awaiting ANSWERS and VIDEOS from Police Dept and Chief - December 5, 2013
- Financial support is way different - December 5, 2013
- By not allowing for 150 years of inflation, you made a basic - December 5, 2013